LEXINGTON WINS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

tnhooper45

I'm not so sure about this...Lexington loses one player, lone senior Chris Babb.

The Tigers still have three sophmores, Chase Grissom, Sam Hinson, and Mack Gardner. Also, a freshman Chandler Grissom. Lexington will definetley be back at state the next two years. There is also a rumor about a transfer of a very good player that is a freshman right now. GO TIGERS!!!

Sounds like both programs should be very good. Milan is losing 3 players this year but we have an 8 th grader this year who will be coming up next year and he's been shooting in the high 70's. We also have a sophomore who is shooting high 70's right now. We are going to need a 4th player. I think we will make the state next year but we realistically don't have a good shot at winning it until 2005. Sounds like Mckenze has a good team as well.

Hixson got jipped this year, they definitely deserved and should have been at state but they are losing no one and they are gaining 2 awesome freshman. Two of their starters qualified individually at the reagiona nd their third man missed it by one shot. Their problem was their 4th and 5th players which will be replaced by the 2 freshman next year. They will definitely be a team to watch for next year.

Edited by barnburner

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a golf course I see a lot of HS golf from the Gibson County area.I didn't get to see Lexington but the prevailing view was they had the best team in the area which they clearly proved to be correct.Congrats to the Tigers on the state title & good luck to all West TN teams next year.Being from Humboldt I was especially pleased to see Wesley Stewart continue to do well.

Good luck guys in the years to come because milan is going to be a strong team. They had 3 out standing seniors this year. Which all three placed in dist. tournament I never seen any other team around here this year have that. But next years team will come closer to winning it than this years team. I think it was a flute that lexington won. If milan would have played like they could then it would have been a different out come with lexington sitting on the ground crying. but good luck to all..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...