Potential Bowl Game Teams

ELA

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perry county may end up 5-5 and be interested in a bowl game.

how many bowl games are still around?

does the team have to be invited to a bowl game?

Coaches can arrange a bowl game or some schools who are not 5-5 may elect to put on a bowl game and invite two teams to compete (any class) as a fundraiser (in those cases, they split a portion of the gate). The secret is to find two teams that have 5-5 or better records and are not in the playoffs or who get put out of the playoffs early.

I think it can be fun for the seniors and it can give teams one more game to prepare for the next season.

Hey ELA it has been a while since we spoke. I really dont think a team that just got knocked out of the playoffs would be up to the task at playing a bowl game. I dont think mentally they would be into it. Also can a team that made the playoffs after getting put out still even play in a bowl game? Is that legal? How have you been? Do you remember me?

Hey ELA it has been a while since we spoke. I really dont think a team that just got knocked out of the playoffs would be up to the task at playing a bowl game. I dont think mentally they would be into it. Also can a team that made the playoffs after getting put out still even play in a bowl game? Is that legal? How have you been? Do you remember me?

Section 12. A school must participate in the TSSAA region football play-off series and win at least five games in order to be eligible to participate in a football bowl game. No member school may participate in a football bowl game if the opponent represents an out-of-state school.

Any football game scheduled after the first Friday in September — if it is sponsored by a non-school organization — or any football game scheduled at any time — if the participating teams are not named at the time the game is scheduled — will be considered as a bowl game.

Sponsors of football bowl games shall obtain written approval from the Executive Director of TSSAA before scheduling such contests. No member school shall agree to play in a bowl game without first ascertaining that the proposed game has been approved by TSSAA.

White County will end up 5-5 if they beat Hickman County which they should. They would also bring a good crowd.

We talked about a Bowl game for the Pioneers since we finished up our season last night at 5-5. There are a couple of teams who are interested but we have to wait until after this weeks games to see if we make it into the playoffs. If Chattanooga Central and Cleveland win their games, we will be in at 4th place, but if Rhea finds a way to upset Cleveland and Hixson wins, we could find ourselves on the outside looking in, therefore, we may be interested in a Bowl Game or possibly hosting a game. Any team interested can contact me at Coach _ELA@hotmail.com