Bruceton v/s Chester

baseballcoach13

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Eagles will want to make a statement after a lackluster performance against McKenzie. The defense should be in business, since Bruceton's strength is the run and our run defense is (in my opinion) one of the best in the area.

I've heard a few changes in the offense are coming, too. I'm excited to see what Coach Cupples has in mind.

LOL @ baseballcoach13. You are right, this one is tough on me. I really feel sorry for Coach Sturdivant. I never thought he would have this kind of season in that region. I guess everyone pays thier dues. As for who Im pulling for...I say both? :ph34r:

Bruceton is giving up 300-400 yards a game. CC will have a field day running up and down the field on them. CC has size and speed, and twice the athletic ability of Bruceton. Bruceton's main strenght as we all know is running the ball. CC's main strenght is stopping the run and they do it well. Bruceton's passing game is sub par this year, since thier run game isnt as strong as usual and they are always behind.

The only thing that concerns me is word of CC attempting to change thier style of offence in week 9. Could make them better, or could tail spin downward. Week 9 really isnt the time to be changing. Adjusting is good, but changing may not be the best way. We will see.

I still think CC will roll in this one. Bruceton is just too down. I think it will be alot like the CC/Riverside game. CC explodes on them early and coast with a strong defensive showing for the win.

CC 35

Bruceton 7

Good effort overall from CC. It was actually kinda sad to see Bruceton down so much... one of their people brought up a good point about that jeans plant closing down and all the jobs/families that were casualties.

Offensively, we did see a little change. CC ran mostly out of the I with a wingback (usually Walker on the left). Less misdirection, more of a "smashmouth" style, and it worked nicely. Coach Cupples used the wing-T sparingly, and when he did it usually resulted in a big play. Overall, we had over 400 yards of offense, with 390 coming on the ground. Fulton had a big night - 14 carries for 183 yards and 3 TD's. Walker and Armstrong both had to be close to 100, if not over. I thought the adjustment was a very good one - the backs get the ball in their hands sooner, and can make things happen before the defense is in the backfield.

Two things still concern me - passing and penalties. Jake only threw it 3 times and completed 2, but one was a heckuva catch by Degraw. But Jake made a couple of good plays running the ball, so it's a trade-off. And penalties... I think we had at least 3 personal fouls. No need in that. Can't afford those sorts of things next week.

Hats off to the Eagles, and to Coach Cupples for making some great adjustments in the offense.

everyone is down on bruceton they have kicked butt for years so u better get your shot in while u can let me remind u of a few LONGMIRE, SANTIAGO,JAMISON, P.WILLIS,O. WILLIS just to name a few I would not doubt Rod pulling a rabbit out of the hat the next few years..... u better get em while u can hahahaha

i dont know if he has been to any games or not, patrick was one of the few players i have seen that controled both sides of the ball. he could make every carry and the switch sides and be in on every tackle...very talented player. alot of the kids now are freshmen and soph. orey can run as fast sideways as he can frontwards. give him some help and look out