gallatin looses to hunters lane

texflex05

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was painfully obvious that the weeks worth of distraction took its toll on the team. We were very uncharacteristic in the amount of penalties and bad tackles tonight. I can not remember a game that had that many 15 yrd penalties in it. Frustration showed on both side of the ball. But I do not want to take away from the effort of a very good ball club in Hunters Lane. Hunters Lane has tremendious speed at multiple postions. Lee Ryan Kelly made our defense look very average tonight. The QB (name) was a good deep ball thrower and could scramble. He was very elusive. Waller made some good catches and played very well in the secondary. There were some others who shined tonight for the Warriors, but plain and simple Hunters Lane took it to us. Gallatin showed multiple formations and various trick plays but Hunters Lane countered with excellent moves. We showed so many it makes you wonder why we haven't seen them until now. Is Hunters Lane that good,....yeah they are. Out of all the teams that I have seen this year the Warriors are the best. How Hendersonville held them to just 6 points is a mystery to me.

Link had around 50 yards on the ground after getting hurt in the first quarter. Harris was the workhorse with around 200+ yards.(glad he is just a soph.) While Gallatin had some chances tonight, they just could not convert.

Congrats to Hunters Lane, ya'll were the better team tonight.

He got a hip stinger against Hendersonville and it was aggravated in the first quarter on a tackle. He continued to play but I think he only carried the ball about 7 times unlike the rest of the year. He is all right physically but I would imagine that he is emotionally drained.

Hunters Lane looked very good. They have unbelievable speed and multiple weapons. They could make some noise in the playoffs.

im good friends with just about everyone on the gallatin team. gwave1 is right...jamo is fine physically, hes a tough kid. emothionally hes kinda torn up. they find out thursday about the appeals. hopefully for them it comes out the way it should with them gettin thier wins back. but if not then gallatin is pretty much definantly out. tonite seemed like a bunch of bs with the refs. HL is good dont get me wrong, but if the refs called the game right then it would have been a little closer score and maybe a better game with either one on top. but hopefully things come out right for gallatin and all that good stuff.

good luck g-town

Well, here it is 1:00 again, and I can't sleep. And I have class in the morning. But in some ways, I have to agree with gwave8903. Seemingly, the penalties were very one sided. The late hit calls became a cliche. And I know the HL o-line was big, but they were pretty sluggish. And I know that there were quite a few more holds than what were called. But...... This is hard to say because it doesn't happen often, but they were better than us tonight. I think GWave1 referred to the Kelley kid, #8??? If that is the same kid, he is amazing. I haven't seen anyone outrun the Wave secondary all year. Coker for Antioch couldn't even do it. But this guy did it with size as well. I know that there are 25,000 people crossing their fingers for an overturn of the ineligibilty this week-and I am one of them. Off to bed.... Like I said... Saturday class-hooray.