Mustangs-Rebels

mood1801

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this tripe and babble is rather entertaining, if not hysterically funny. People like to throw stones at people on top of the pile. A few thoughts. McKenzie has been the winningest team in West Tennessee over the past four years. It has won 41 of its last 50 games.

Yes, McKenzie was "smoked" by Westview in the 2001 semifinals. That wasn't an indication of how bad McKenzie was, rather it was a stark disclosure of how great Westview was that year (three D-1 players, two NFL performers in the last 10 years?). The 12-0 loss at Mitchell was hardly a smoking. True, the Rebels lost, but had chances. Where was Huntindgon? Getting ready for basketball. This is not a slam, but an acknowledgement of fact.

Those who point to Dresden's loss to McKenzie or lackluster performance at Martin-Westview need only to know that the Rebels were flat. On balance, McKenzie has a better team than either. But it's not who has the best team, it is who has the best team on a particlar day. Dresden was better that night. Give the Lions credit. Give the Chargers credit for not laying down.

As for this Friday night's game, Huntingdon has exceptional talent, enough to defeat Milan if it can score in the shadow of the other goal posts. Terrance Bell is as talented a runner as one will find. Chris Donald is a talent as well. The Mustang line is physical. And the team is loaded with delightful kids. Stopping Huntingdon's speed will be a key.

Regarding the Rebels, Drew Hayes is a phenom. His receivers are exceptional as well. Cody Cook is a proven runner. The Rebel line is big, strong and physical. Brad Campbell's motor runs full out all the time, reminiscent of Brian Cox during his Dolphin days. This team is loaded with delightful kids as well. Pressuring McKenzie's passing game will be a key.

Let's dispense with all the malediction, the name calling, the flatulent boasting and let the kids do the job on the field. If Huntingdon wins, great; congrats to them. But if McKenzie wins, remember, you heard it here first.

Edited by JPSartre

Ok.....here we go again!

To put it plain and simple Mckenzie has a weak team...hasnt played ANYONE worth anything. Maybe Dresden? Ha Ha, Huntington will blow the out by 21+ points. Mckenzies quarterback will have a good passing game but not enough to make a difference. Huntington will run and run and run and run. Call it the Chris Donald and Terrance Bell Show! 35-14 Huntington. This loss will send Mckenzie in the Bracket with Lewis Co that is currently 9-0. Like I said before..... Mckenzie need not get a gas budget for playoff trips..... it wont last long!!!

Ah, the delusional reigny daze. Yawn. What is McKenzie's record over Lewis County the past two years? I forget. And yes, Huntingdon has scheduled those powerhouses like Union City (1-8) and Martin-Westview (1-8). McKenzie acknowledges that Huntingdon will indeed be the toughest challenge of the season. True, McKenzie will have to play the best game it has ever played, perhaps in history, if it hopes to top the Mustangs. That's true of any team. We respect the fact that Huntingdon is perennially good. Now they have a little company atop the flagpole and you don't like it. Suffer. And as for saving money on travel budget, curious to note that Huntingdon hasn't spent a lot of money lately on post-season travel. By the way, how is the Huntingdon basketball jamboree coming along? Should be a big crowd for it. There might not be much else happening around town then. I'm glad that psychobabble is a comfortable parasite on this thread.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah,

I dont even live in huntington or McKenzie and Ive got better sense than you Faithful Reb Fans....... Please understand I know talent when I see it, Rebels players already know the outcome...why dont the fans....haha.......you can feed them all the dilusional crap you want to get them all hyped up and it will be to no avail. they are talented kids but dont get them fooled by your lustful thinking!

Come on down to Jackson and test your great team!............ bring band aids and plenty of Suv's its gonna be a sight.

The SUV's are for the Rebel faithful that will need to travel home because many wont be able to drive home!!!!!

I hope that all of you who read this nonsense don't believe that all McKenzie fans are like BigDMcK. Most of us realize that it will take quality wins against the elite programs of West TN (Milan, Westview, Huntingdon) on a consistent basis in order to be considered an elite team ourselves. I don't say that to take anything away from our team's accomplishments over the last 2-3 years. Coach Comer and staff have built a quality program and are making strides towards getting to that elite status. I think they will get there in the near future. Also, most of us do know a little about football and how the playoff brackets work and other common things which from the looks of these last few posts seem to baffle BigDMcK. Anyways, I look forward to a hard fought game Friday night. I do admit the stangs should have a slight advantage, but if you think the Rebs are going to roll over and allow a blowout, I think you are wrong. And if the stangs don't bring their "A" game they will taste defeat.

Thank you PapaJohn for a decent post.

All of ya'll can sit and argue about who's played good teams and whos the best, but you can clearly see that answer(MILAN). And look at the teams they've played....JCM(W).....Huntingdon(W).....Dresdan(W).......Covington(W)......It don't matter who tries to get in our way of state this year....it's going to be a shalackin all they way..

Travel Budget?

Once again, you have missed the point. It is about playing the best possible teams to improve your own. An added bonus is the financial benefits that would arise from these type of games for both schools involved.

It's hilarious that you try to be funny and smart by taking shots at Westview and UC this year. Who has had the better teams over the last 10, heck, 5 years?

Huntingdon- 1999 state title appearance

Union City-1998 and 2000 state title appearance

Westview-2001 state title appearance

Milan-Back to Back titles in two classifications, the best team in West Tennessee in class AAA or below.

Why NOT play these teams every year?

As for the game, it is simple. McKenzie is going to have to score, and in bunches. Huntingdon's smash mouth style of offense and fly all over the field defense is something to behold. Hays is a GREAT QB and he is going to be on the run all night long. If he continues to bide his time and make things happen like he normally does, they will be o.k. IMO, McKenzie will have to get rid of the ball quickly and will have to keep Cook in the backfield for max protection.

I don't believe McKenzie will be able to stop Huntingdon's ground game. I have seen them struggle with two teams this season that have a traditionally strong running game.

I leave no prediction on the score because I have no idea. All I know is that I will be there to watch it.

Rebel Fans ....on a more serious note! in all seriousness. Here are the senarios

Region 5

Lewis County is first.

Cheatham County is second, Harpeth is third, and Fairview is fourth unless Cheatham County loses and Harpeth loses, in which case Fairview is second, Cheatham County is third, and Harpeth is fourth.

Region 6

Huntington vs. McKenzie winner is first and loser is second.

If Camden wins, Camden is third and Chester County is fourth.

If Camden loses and Adamsville wins, Chester County is third and Adamsville is fourth.

If Camden loses and Adamsville loses, Chester County is third and Camden is fourth.

2003 Division I Class 2A Football Playoff Bracket

1st Round

Seeding 1st Round

Nov. 7 2nd Round

Nov. 14 Quarterfinals

Nov. 21 Semifinals

Nov. 28 Finals

Dec. 5

1st Reg. 1 Gatlinburg Pittman (H)

101 ¦

4th Reg. 2 Rockwood, Sweetwater ¦ ¦

201 ¦ (H)

2nd Reg. 2 Alcoa (H) ¦ ¦

102 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 1 Hampton, Cumberland Gap, S. Greene ¦ ¦

301 ¦ (H)

2nd Reg. 1 Happy Valley (H) ¦ ¦

103 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 2 Rockwood, Sweetwater ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

202 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 1 S. Greene, Cumberland Gap, Hampton ¦ ¦

104 ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 2 Oliver Springs (H) ¦ ¦

401 ¦ (H)

1st Reg. 3 Tyner (H) ¦ ¦

105 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 4 Westmoreland, East Robertson ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

203 ¦ (H) ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 4 Goodpasture (H) ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

106 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 3 Sequatchie Co. ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

302 ¦ ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 3 Marion Co. (H) ¦ ¦

107 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 4 Houston Co. ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

204 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 3 Polk Co., Meigs Co. ¦ ¦

108 ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 4 David Lipscomb (H) ¦ ¦

501 ¦

1st Reg. 5 Lewis Co. (H) ¦ State

109 ¦ ¦ Champions

4th Reg. 6 Chester Co., Camden, Adamsville ¦ ¦ ¦

205 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 6 Huntingdon, McKenzie (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

110 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 5 Cheatham Co., Harpeth ¦ ¦ ¦

303 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 5 Cheatham Co., Fairview (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

111 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 6 Chester Co., Camden ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

206 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 5 Fairview, Harpeth ¦ ¦ ¦

112 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 6 Huntingdon, McKenzie (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

402 ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 7 Milan, Humboldt (H) ¦

113 ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 8 Manassas, Westwood, Treadwell ¦ ¦ ¦

207 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 8 Mitchell (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

114 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 7 Dresden, Humboldt ¦ ¦ ¦

304 ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 7 Milan, Dresden (H) ¦

115 ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 8 Treadwell, Westwood ¦ ¦ ¦

208 ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 7 Peabody, Union City ¦

116 ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 8 Carver (H) ¦

Those who point to Dresden's loss to McKenzie or lackluster performance at Martin-Westview need only to know that the Rebels were flat. On balance, McKenzie has a better team than either. But it's not who has the best team, it is who has the best team on a particlar day. Dresden was better that night. Give the Lions credit. Give the Chargers credit for not laying down.

Dresden beat McKenzie.

Has McKenzie ever been beaten by any opponent or narrowly won a game while playing at a high level, or have they all been "lackluster" or "flat" performances?

On Sale: Red tinted Glasses.........2 for a dollar.

Just like the McKenzie fan who told me after the state championship game in 2001 that McKenzie would have given Goodpasture "a better game that Westview." All I could say was, "WOW!" How do you respond to a statement like that?