State Champion Picks!

HUCK

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville has had good teams for years because they develop players through their Sport Shop program, and they've had really good player's parent move to the area so their kid can get looks from Div I colleges. Frankly, with the amount of money that is put into these kids basketball careers, it would have been cheaper to just pay for college.

But until the last horn has sounded, I would not give the State to Shelbyville. There are too many good players now that can upset anyone on a given day. From a college point of view; didn't Uconn get beat by Villanova last year???

As far as race is concerned, isn't there a NASCAR forum on CoachT's? :)

Edited by CPGB06

ok caramel cup cake or whoever.....

just where has craigmont been the last ten years....how many district or region championships have they won.... i have been attending games at the boro for the last 20 years and i don't remember seeing craigmont.....

yes, craigmont has some talent......but do they have a new coach to go with it.....if not, then THEY WILL NOT GET OUT OF THE REGION....

just what do i know, not much, but my sports writer contacts, along with some coaches from your own region inform me that craigmont is not a stud powerhouse....talent yes, but yet to prove themselves as a TEAM....along with questionable coaching......

in fact, the ones i spoke with report that houston, kirby, ridgeway, along with craigmont could be the top teams....several of the sports writers indicate that houston may very well be the TEAM to beat....so blow your trumpet all you want for your mighty craigmont lady chiefs.......

be careful when you point a finger at someone and say "If you are going to try to sound like you know what you are talking about, at least know your facts", well then it applies to you as well cause a couple of coaches in your own region TOTALY DISAGREE with your predictions...

of course, what do they know..........

if you want to talk girls basketball, then you can introduce yourself to me at the girls state tournament in the boro......i can be found on the bottom row near the entrance to the hospitality room where the food is....

now food, that is something i know a lot about... :D

ok caramel cup cake or whoever.....

just where has craigmont been the last ten years....how many district or region championships have they won.... i have been attending games at the boro for the last 20 years and i don't remember seeing craigmont.....

yes, craigmont has some talent......but do they have a new coach to go with it.....if not, then THEY WILL NOT GET OUT OF THE REGION....

just what do i know, not much, but my sports writer contacts, along with some coaches from your own region inform me that craigmont is not a stud powerhouse....talent yes, but yet to prove themselves as a TEAM....along with questionable coaching......

in fact, the ones i spoke with report that houston, kirby, ridgeway, along with craigmont could be the top teams....several of the sports writers indicate that houston may very well be the TEAM to beat....so blow your trumpet all you want for your mighty craigmont lady chiefs.......

be careful when you point a finger at someone and say "If you are going to try to sound like you know what you are talking about, at least know your facts", well then it applies to you as well cause a couple of coaches in your own region TOTALY DISAGREE with your predictions...

of course, what do they know..........

if you want to talk girls basketball, then you can introduce yourself to me at the girls state tournament in the boro......i can be found on the bottom row near the entrance to the hospitality room where the food is....

now food, that is something i know a lot about... :D

Okay, Mr. "M.G." (mindless and gullible)

Believe what you will. If you had any sense, you would know that this topic, like most things posted on a message board, is just a collection of people's "PERSONAL OPINIONS". You can cite what your "sports writers" told you all you want, but the truth is, sports writers in this area (west tennessee) don't know girls basketball from a hole in their heads. Sports writers across the state are more knowledgeable about girls basketball, but they don't travel across the state to cover it in our area. Although they are "sports writers", they are not experts and like us, they have opinions, too. Some of us who know that there are TWO USA TODAY ALL-AMERICANS on one team know what's really going on and we have the right to predict who we think will be there just like a Shelbyville or an Oak Ridge fan.

Also, Houston won't get past Kirby in the district and district 15AAA is terribly weak...Kirby will run through it. I look for Kirby to have a chance to make it to state, but they only have 6 players (not 6 really good players, 6 players total). Their legs will be gone by that time just like last year. (my opinion and observation so you won't be confused) Also, if Kirby must feel that their chances are slim since they are trying to turn Craigmont in for having Jessica Jackson when everyone (including them) knows her family moved. If they feel that they can compete and contend, they wouldn't be shadily trying to "snitch".

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant anyway. just like every season, there will be some upsets and surprises and some of YOUR overhyped teams won't do crap. You guys are still holding on to their PAST wins and tradition (not talking about Shelbyville). You're just mad that there's possibly a new kid on the block who can make some noise. Point is, a lot of these girls will sign big whether you like it or not.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

And since food is your expertise, I suggest you stick to that.

caramelcutiepie.....until they make it to the 'Boro, they have the right to laugh at you....you are the same person that said Ridgeway would beat Westview in the substate last year, Jackson would have made no difference it that outcome.....memfis girls basketball is overall weak, just because 1 or 2 teams whip up on the rest of those terrible teams, ya'll think this is the year to win it....Craigmont will NOT beat Shelbyville or any other well coached team in the 'Boro, if they even get there....

MEMFIS GIRLS BASKETBALL IS WEAK......the only program in memfis is at Briarcrest

caramelcutiepie.....until they make it to the 'Boro, they have the right to laugh at you....you are the same person that said Ridgeway would beat Westview in the substate last year, Jackson would have made no difference it that outcome.....memfis girls basketball is overall weak, just because 1 or 2 teams whip up on the rest of those terrible teams, ya'll think this is the year to win it....Craigmont will NOT beat Shelbyville or any other well coached team in the 'Boro, if they even get there....

MEMFIS GIRLS BASKETBALL IS WEAK......the only program in memfis is at Briarcrest

Any retard who can't even spell "Memphis" is not even worthy of a response that post. It just shows how racist you are, WesCharge. From now on, when it comes to my posts, you respond as you wish, but I won't dare respond to such a simple-minded, bigoted, ignorant person such as yourself.

ouch westview charger, i knew you were a racist......always racing to see your lady chargers whip on somebody.....

caramelcutiecupcakepie shows her true colors......i think you owe an APOLOGY to charger….if you don’t, then you have lost your credibility……

and you also owe an apology to those persons who have a “mental disability”…

you know, using the “r” word is a lot like using other “x” words….they too offend some people….

ANYWHO, THIS POST IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PICKS….where is huck when you need him……

My prediction is that craigmont will be at the state championship, in sec “w”…that is the “watching the game” section :D:angry::DB)

Edited by mg

I can see Craigmont in the state! You really can't tell once you get to the State tournament who is going to win...well except when Shelbyville is there! Maybe I ought to change this to the top eight teams who people think that will be present! After the playday at Shelbyville, I think I can get some of those, but I'll need help from all you West Tennessee people! I don't need to know why...just who can make it and the reason they will. Not the she said that he said.....in other words...high schoolers need not leave a post...the last thing I want is for this thread to get locked! It's had over 4500 views! I want 10000! LOL! I'll have my top eight in every class tomorrow! C-ya!

well huck, let me fill you in on what the coaches are saying about region 7and 8 AAA teams to watch...

top two from region 7AAA

jackson northisde (sub-state team in 2002) should be better this year.....the brooks girl from what i hear has improved quite a bit (she was already pretty good)...they have a new coach...as most know joe north retired.....the talent is there...the only question is can the coach and the team come together...

dyersburg (2002 sub-state team) is also expected to be stronger this year.....their team won the d2aau state and came in third at nationals.....in spring scrimmage at union university, they beat most teams by 30 and 40 points.....from what i was told, they also defeated jack harlows bradly county team earlier in the summer pretty convincingly (harlow may of had a couple of starters in aau, not sure on that)....probably the biggest news for them is the 6'3 freshmen transfer.....she will probably be a sixth or seventh player off the bench and is being compared to ex dburg stand-out sherrell warren who was also a standout for university of georgia....

rest of the region will be pretty balanced…jcm might be a sleeper, bolton, cordova, millington, hardin cnty and bartlet will be about equal, with munford predicted at the bottom…

region 8....as previously stated, houston, kirby, craigmont and ridgeway could all make a run for the region, according to a couple of coaches from that region.... craigmont probably has the most talent……

Edited by mg

This is just my suggestion, but watch out for the Lady Rangers of Unaka. Granted, they only finished second in district 1 1A to Cloudland, but they had a underclassmen laden team with only two seniors. All the rest were sophomores and freshmen. They have a great mix of speed, size, and skill. Look to be the team to beat in Region 1. Good luck Ladies.

Edited by Rangerbook06