Camden vs Chester

prov1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good one. Both teams have some serious momentum off large margins of victory last week, especially Camden with their upset of Dresden.

Chester County's run defense is one of their strong points, so it will be interesting to see how they do against Boyd. Offensively, Coach Cupples made a couple of minor changes for the Bruceton game that worked very well. Best offensive execution we've seen all year, really, and I like that going into this game.

Last year, CC needed to beat Camden to make the playoffs. This year, Camden needs to be CC to ensure themselves a playoff berth.

Just found this out. If Camden wins they are 3rd and Chester is 4th. If Chester wins and Adamsville wins then CC is 3rd and Aville is 4th. If Camden and Adamsville both lose then Chester is 3rd and Camden is 4th. Straight from the TSSAA website. How they came up with that I don't know for sure but I am assuming it had to do with overall record. Good luck to all teams on Friday.

Looks to be a good one. CC has a heck of a backfield, their running game seems to be their strong point. I don't think they have much of a passing game, so I would give us the egde in that department. CC also has a real good run defense, so we must have our passing game on to be successful. Camden needs to win this game and not let another team control their destiny.

BoredGuy, why is this game at our place? To my knowledge I thought we were supposed to play at CC. Why has this been a home game 2 straight years for us?

Dates back to 2001 - that game was supposed to be at Camden, but the contract got goofed up somehow.

You're right about our passing game... hasn't been our strongest point. Jake has the physical tools to make a good QB, but hasn't put it all together yet. The good thing is, we've got a trio of quality backs that makes it hard to key on the run because you never know who's getting the ball. But until we establish the pass, I expect we'll see 8 or 9 in the box Friday night.

Don't know much about Camden's passing game, but I think for them to be successful they'll have to put it in the air and spread out the defense. Our d-backs are fast and improving, but are all a little on the short side which makes it tougher to defend against taller receivers. I'll also be interested in seeing how we can defend Boyd.

I've been keeping up with CC long distance this year so am somewhat uninformed. I'm certainly delighted to see that they've already won 7 ballgames.

I see a couple of things coming into play for this game. First, as has already been mentioned by others, CC's inability to mount an effective passing game has the potential of causing problems if Camden's defense puts 9 in the box and forces the pass. My recollection from last year is that CC's quarterback is somewhat slow afoot and also slow to make decisions in the passing game (e.g., getting rid of the ball when necessary). That results in sacks and other problems related to the passing game. The lack of a passing game will really be a problem if CC falls behind by a couple of TD's.

Second, I think the watering down of the CC schedule may have an adverse impact here as the Eagles might not be as well prepared as they would have been after playing teams such as McNairy Central. While I understand the coach's decision to go for wins against poor quality 1A schools in order to build the confidence of a team unaccustomed to winning, I believe it may backfire at this stage of the season, especially since Camden seems to be peaking at the end of the season. My heart is with CC in this one but I think they have a very difficult task facing them playing an improving Camden team on their home turf. Good luck Eagles!

cc can pass with high percentage play action passes. the just can not widen it out and go 4 & 5 wide. as far as jake being slow afoot you must be watching from long distance because i believe he runs at least a 4.8 or 4.7 you must have watched him last year. he is more of a play action guy and a option qb. jake to me has gotten better every game this year. the running game for cc is of course their strong point on offense. but if they stack them up in the box like dyer did i think the play action will be a factor as it was there. the heart and soul of the team is their defense though. this is the reason i think they win. i do not believ that their offense is good enough to get ahead by 2 scores.

Agreed on Jake's speed. He's actually a very good running QB. I think (and this is just my personal observation) that his problem is decision-making, which allows him to be sacked maybe more than he should be. I think the high-percentage pass is the way to go, as baseballcoach13 said. And if the receivers aren't there, just let Jake take it and run.

I also think the switch to the I in the backfield will make it tougher for teams that load the box. With the wing-T, they could stunt and cause problems by busting the play before it really developed. In the Bruceton game, we used much less misdirection, and even though they were stunting and shooting the gaps, we rushed for 400 yards. Like I said earlier in the season, I didn't think smashmouth football would work for us... but I've been proven wrong. I expect us to stick with that in this game.

As for the poor 1A schools, when the schedule was set last year, who could have predicted that Bruceton would be so down this year? They're a team who has always played Huntingdon tough (including beating them 2 years ago), and is a perennial contender in 1A. Fayette Academy is a team on the rise as well, I wouldn't call them a "poor" 1A team. I do hate that we dropped McNairy, though, because I think we would have beaten them this year... but considering the way they ran the score up the past two years, I don't blame the coaching staff one bit for dropping them.

I've been saying for the past couple of weeks that this one could be a heck of a game. Camden thumping Dresden pretty much erases the confusion on the Adamsville loss. CC looked good running the score up on Bruceton. (Which I was disappointed to hear the starters were still in the game in the 4th while up by 41 points. Poor Bruceton.) The adjustments on CC's offense should be more informative this week. (Meaning it probably didnt matter what offence was used against Bruceton this year.)

Like others have said, this game should come down to the passing game. Doesnt have to be a 200+ yard game through the air for either team, but just enough to loosen up the run defense and maybe a big TD play.

I think CC"s team speed will be the biggest thing. Camden has great speed in Boyd, but who else is there? (Im not being negative towards Camden, Im asking a legit question since I havent seem them play since the Humboltd scrimmage before the season.)

Tough one to call. Could honestly go either way. Wouldnt be surprised to see another shootout, back and forth scoring, but not as high scoring as last year. Although CC's schedule is light this year, (not totally intentional) they've got the athletes to make up for the lack of schedule to hang with anyone. I dont think that will catch up to them untill the playoffs.

CC 28

Camden 21

I don't know if I'd call it running up the score, FormerQB. CC didn't score in the 4th except for on a safety, If Coach Cupples had wanted to, we probably could have scored at least 2 more TD's in the 4th. I would have liked to see the 2nd team in a little quicker myself, but that's just me. I guess I've seen us on the receiving end of enough beatings to where I want to go to any length to keep from doing it to someone else.