Camden vs Chester

prov1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a thin between running up the score and protecting the lead which was discuess in great detail on a thread awhile back. The radio reported the score was 48-7 few minutes into the 4th, and starters still in the game. The radio guys seemed confused as well on why they were still in there. Only explanation was that thier getting ready for the playoffs. If that is the case, then thats not the best way to get ready for the playoffs and lucky injury didnt occur. Bruceton has less than 150 yards of total offence in the game..thier not going to come back. Was the score not 34-0 at halftime and then 41-0 in the 3rd? I may be misinformed, but if true, I would've pulled the starters then.

I thought Luke Butler (starter) scored the safety in the 4th? I only read stats in the J-sun so correct me if Im wrong. If the 2nd string woud've scored the last couple of TD's or the safety late in the game, that is understandable.

Edited by formerQB

HA! I never listen to that bumbling fool on 91.5!! j/k I was actually listening to the 96.5 with your buddies who cut you off all the time. I dont know who called in and gave the report. He had to go climb a big hill just to get service. Was that you? Gotta love little Bruceton.

Getting back on the subject, what are some other weapons Camden has beside Boyd?

I agree, that guy on 91.5 is an idiot. :D

That wasn't me calling in that you heard... I called in later on from Wendy's in Huntingdon. Got on the air, got cut off, and 20 minutes later finally got back on. I wasn't real happy about that. My Big Bacon Classic got cold!

Let me give you my perspective - even though some of the starters were still in the game later on, it was mostly linemen. The guys who got the carries in the 4th quarter were not the starters, I can tell you that much. Jake did stay in at QB, but that was probably because Kyle is our back-up. I'm not even sure who our 3rd string QB is.

As for the defense, I couldn't tell you who all was in. The secondary got replaced as did some of the LB's, that much I saw. If there were still any starters in there, I don't know who they were. The safety happened too far away from us for me to know who made the tackle.

Like I said in a previous post, I probably lean too far on the side of caution. I've just seen us being on the receiving end of too many of those types of games to want to see us do the same to someone else. That said, though, if running the score up were the intention, the final would have been 62-7, probably.

Bruceton scored on their 1st drive of the 2nd half. It was 28-0 at half, 34-7 after Willis' TD.

Thanks for informing me since I wasnt there. Im sure it sounded worst than what it was, as it usually does and I'll take your word for it. I was under the impression that the score was 41-0 in the 3rd before Bruceton scored and the game was basically over at halftime being 34-0.

Sorry to hear that your burger got cold. You should've used your star power and got a new one for free since your a "talking head", as ESPN refers to thier people.

this is what i saw and i have been at every game this season. all of the starters were not in there as early as late in the third. i do not know coach cupples personaly, nor have i talked to any of his staff. but the ONLY qb they have is jake (besides kyle and he is a senior). if they took the whole line out at 1 time the way bruceton was coming after them they would have been asking for jake to get injured. they were swapping in and out the last part of the third and into the fourth. i know this because i was watching my cousin and he played the last part of the third and he has played in only 2 other games this season. i understand what cupples was doing although i agree it would have been nice to get the 2 team some reps. i was wondering about the qb of the future, i heard the one that was supposed to step in after jake quit this year.