7aaa

Jen56803

I know you asked Southpaw,but I think I can tell you.First of all who can stop Sunday in the post if you have somebody to do that then what about Lewis.Lewis does not miss an open shot.Not to mention that they have an excellent coach in Hess.He can figure out how to win.

Edited by Mr. Walton

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keg,

i was just puttin' my opinions down... you guys take this way too seriously... it was off the wall predictions... the basis for knocking the depth of the lady cavs was from what i've seen at my niece's games (freshman last year in mboro)... this year's sophs don't bring as much to the table as they do at white, blackman, warren and riverdale... i know you don't win with sophs, but they can impact close games and games where there is foul trouble and i can't see the lady cavs blowing out the entire district as easily as some of you seem to be dreaming they will... but that's just my OPINION

Cookeville should have one of their best seasons this year. The seniors are led by Cara followed by three other seniors that has seen limited action, but has talent. Normally the coaching staff will only play 1-2 off the bench unless there is a large lead, but this year one should or could see action from 8 to 9 players with court time. As for starters, one could see any combination of these girls on a given night. The bench is strong and not much difference with 8 or so players in a given combination. The juniors (4 remaining off of one of the better classes of players to come through CHS) should contribute a lot this year. One of the junior 6' players transferred to Ind. to have more opportunity to play basketball. If she decides and returns to Cookeville next year, there is a state championship waiting in CHS wings. The Soph's have a couple of players now that can contribute. It is unclear about the freshman, only time and playing experience will tell with them.

The key to success this year is for the girls to keep their level of defensive intensity up to to continue to get along both on and off the court. It will be a challenge for the coaches to keep all the talent happy with playing time. If there is rotation with fresh legs, other teams are going to have problems against CHS because of this depth, especially when everyone gets tired in the third & fourth quarter. No opposing team will be able to double up on Cara ,as all of others can score at will. In summary, Cookeville will have a strong well rounded team.

The main challenge I believe in the district will be White Co. It will be perhaps one of the best games to watch. Livingston and Jackson Co. will also be a challenge. Blackman may be a tough team to beat. They are certainly physical and if their shots improve, they could prove to be a major contender.

bbfan50-do you go to Cookeville?

I am going to have to echo this question, you sounds knowledgeable. I'd say if you do then you probally know me. I think Blackman will be quite the test they are a strong team, from what I remember last year and should again be good, but I think that Cookeville can handle them.

1. Blackman

2. White Co

3. Cookeville

4. Riverdale

5. Oakland

6. Lebanon

7. Warren Co

8. Siegal

Thats how it will end up!!!!!!!

Blackman has 7 seniors who will all be playing and they are guards and posts and other people off the bench that will help out, White CO has shooters and a good post,Cookeville has reed and redus,riverdale has guards,oakland has a couple players and riddle is to weak,lebanon warren and siegal will battle it out at the bottom. But its going to be a great district season to watch!!!!

White County has the following players back from last year....

Brooke Sunday...senior

Amanda Lewis...senior

Keela Henry...junior

Hannah Hacker..junior

Allison Cole..junior

Kendell Agee..junior

new to the varisty team

Brandi West..soph

Molly Mcfadden..soph

Shauna Haley..soph

Brooke Yates..soph

Tisha Kirby..soph

Stacy Jolley..soph

Mary Kate Ross..soph

We still have some quality players but I think our sophomores are really going to have to step up.

Is Jolley in THE bloodline?