York and Livingston

titangal55

Going up against LA is always a hostile environment, whether it's at York or at LA. It's always a competition between us and Hogeye. Last year, we pretty much embarrassed ourselves at LA, but this year will be different. I think our team has the potential to beat LA and anybody else on our schedule. I don't want to boast or get too cocky, but we're going to have a great team this year.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing we have learned over the past 5 or 6 years is that everyone always wants to overlook jackson county, now all of a sudden its York or Livingston thats going to win the district and state and all the 4 time defending state champions will do is come in third. Its a long long year in high school basketball and make no mistake, the road to the State Championship still goes through Jackson County! Oh bye the way for those of you that don't know it yet, Jackson County got a little bit better by way of a transfer from Upperman, one Danielle Kelly, who is a pretty good player and will definately help the 4 time DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS! Good luck this year to all the teams and may the best team win!!

I hate to say it , but the way york is playing in preseason they'll be lucky to come in fourth maybe fifth. The chemistry on this team is terrible. Their offense does not include all players on the floor. The guards do not have the freedom to shoot the ball if they are open and they can't handle the ball up court. Early on it looks as if they have taken about two to three steps backwards. I can only hope that they improve and make a fool out of me for making this statement. But I doubt it. Clarkrange beat them by 16 or 17. York did not have a field goal in the second half, only 5 free throws.

Have to agree with options86, the team chemistry and morale is not where it needs to be right now. I'm not sure where it is coming from...players, coaches, or outsiders....but the focus is not on the "good for the team", more about whose happy and who isn't. A shame too, there is too much talent there to be lost in unimportant matters. The number one focus for all involved should be how to be the best team they can be.....if they can get to that their season could be GREAT. If not...only time will tell.

It's true that we have struggled in the preseason. Myself, I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's going away. We've lost two players, one gone and one hurt until about January, which doesn't help. Still, I think we'll just get stronger from this. We beat Wartburg yesterday, and even though we didn't play awesome, we did do better at some aspects of the game. We're not mid-season form yet, and we shouldn't be. We're just gonna get better and better as time goes along. Don't worry about us. :D

Till someone beats Jackson County. You've heard that old saying "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!!" Well...that rings true here as well.

Now don't get me wrong or take this the wrong way, ALL 3 teams in Jackson Co, Livingston Academy, and York Institute are capable of making it to the 'Buro just as Jackson Co and LA did last season!!

Personally, I look forward to seeing these teams play at some point during this HS BBall season!!

And yes, District 7AA is by far the toughest in the entire state.

• 2 weeks later...

LA and Jackson Co. should be one for the ages. York WILL BE GOOD. The key word here is WILL. The great teams make a way to win. Jackson Co. seems to make their own breaks. Right now, Jackson Co. is still the team to beat. The news flash though is March is 4 months away. LA over J County in the finals. York is next year.