For the avid high school fan

voleagle

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Region 1, I would have to day that Greeneville is on the upswing, but Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill have to really drop the ball. Daniel Boone has some good wrestlers but has yet to put together a strong team. In the Knoxville region, Karns has a new coach that should bring them up. Gibbs and Farragut having some strong wrestlers. I really am afraid to make a guess for that region. Across the rest of the state, Cookeville is stronger and Westside had some good wrestlers. The whole state seems to be getting tougher.

In Region 2, I have seen tougher teams. Gibbs has had a couple of tough kids. Also, Union County i think only has been a team for 2 or 3 years, but when i heard they placed 7th out of 20 in Region tournamnet last year with only 5 wrestlers. Out of those 5, 2 Region champs and 2 3rd places. I believe that Farragut will have the toughest kids out of that Region, but if Union had a full team, we would hear more about them. Just a thought

I know the Union County coach's brother and was there when Greenback wrestled Union County...I think Union County only had like 6 weights, so Greenback did win, but not one of their kids scored a point on Union County boys... score does not express individual ability, especially when you recieve forfeits.

Cookville is probably one of the most improved teams in the state. They will probably finish runner-up in the region this year to Bradley. They have always got some talent. And the coaches there are great. They don't even get paid to coach which is also a bonus...They need some kind of supplement for their hard work that they do there...