Unaka @ Midway

krichunaka

Unaka finished the regular season 5 - 4; and will head down to Midway for their first playoff game since 1994.

Sophomore sensation, Charles Lee Guinn, ended the night with 240-plus yards on 9 carries; the last 96 on a sweep to move the Rangers away from their own endzone with around four minutes remaining.

Joey Parlier had three TDs, Guinn had four and Andrew Richardson scored the other.

Biggest concern: All-State candidate, Kasey Garland, had a slight MCL sprain; expected to play next week.

And most unfortunate: Jellico's Matt Ivey has an apparent ACL tear. So sad to see such a heartbreaking incident happen to a fine gentleman in the last four minutes of his senior season.

Hope someone from Jellico will provide update. Great Kid.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think that unaka can compete with the likes of Midway. The GreenWave defense is pretty stiff. The Landers have played them the last 2 years, and the one thing that stood out to me was their defense. They run a strong 52 defense. That will take away Unaka's bread and Butter. I do believe that Unaka will keep the Midway offense in check and keep the game close. my pick: Midway 28 Unaka 7.

Love to see the Rangers win, but let us be honest, it is going to be a tough night for them. Glad to see them working so hard at developing a winning attitude in their football program, but they are still a few years off. Stay after it Coach Ensor, the whole county is watching and is impressed. Midway 34 Unaka 14

GO CARTER COUNTY!!

I remember what happened the last time Unaka made the playoffs. 1994 was the year and they traveled down to play a machine in South Pittsburg. I think it was 49-0 at the half. We did win it all that year so don't feel too bad. Good luck against the Tidal Waves.

Thanks for the memories, Pirate. I was on the sidelines with Unaka for that game. I don't think I've seen a defense like that one...before or since. Amazing quickness.

Tell us, Pirate, how does this year's team compare to the 94 Pirates?