Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

Looks to me like Happy Valley should be rooting for Volunteer to beat Central. That would then allow them some room for error in getting the number two seed. The difference is that the number three seed must win one game in the tournament to get to the regional. The difference between the four and five seed is that the four only has to win one game to go to the regionals and the five must win two games to go to the regionals.

The first night will probably be 5 v. 8 and 6 v. 7. Then the winner of 5 v. 8 will probably play No. 4 and the winner of 6 v. 7 will play No. 3. Then, probably, the winner of the "5 v. 8" v. 4 will play No. 1 and the winner of the "6 v 7" v. 3 will play No. 2. The winners will then play for the championship and the losers will paly for 3rd place. The final four teams will advance to the Region 1-AA Tournament at Morristown-Hamblen West High School.

Bottom line is that seeding is real important this year.

Edited by CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tiebreaker agreed on two years ago

1st tiebreaker head to head

2nd tiebreaker record against next best conference record team

if there are splits...you keep working your way down the ladder

there is no tiebreaker for overall record.....many reasons for this...most important is who played a tougher scheduale...someone could have played more games...someone could have lost games to weather....So your math of overall record is impressive....it also is useless

Volunteer is in the regionals...as of today...nobody else is....

ok then,thanx for clearin that up.

ok,another hypothetical situation.what if all that happened and then Hampton and etown were tied for 4th.etown would have lost to unicoi and johnson county and be 7-7 in conf while Hampton would have beat johnson county,north,and lost to us and be 7-7 in conf.their head to head would be a toss up.

would it be the same tie breaker?who would they base it on?whoever did better against Volunteer or us?Hampton did better against u,but etown did better against us in this situation.would it go to who did better against central,thats also a tie up.then to who did better against north?which is a toss.

or would it go to which one of us did better against north?wouldnt that also be a tie?and then unicoi is a tie as is johnson county.maybe we should have a game durin the tournament to decide who gets the 1 seed.but then there would be no bye.maybe it would be easier to go to outside record.yeah u guys played more games.but i believe we have the strength of schedule on our side.

this system is all to confusin

Edited by hvwarrior58

ok,another hypothetical situation.what if all that happened and then Hampton and etown were tied for 4th.etown would have lost to unicoi and johnson county and be 7-7 in conf while Hampton would have beat johnson county,north,and lost to us and be 7-7 in conf.their head to head would be a toss up.

would it be the same tie breaker?who would they base it on?whoever did better against Volunteer or us?Hampton did better against u,but etown did better against us in this situation.would it go to who did better against central,thats also a tie up.then to who did better against north?which is a toss.

or would it go to which one of us did better against north?wouldnt that also be a tie?and then unicoi is a tie as is johnson county.maybe we should have a game durin the tournament to decide who gets the 1 seed.but then there would be no bye.maybe it would be easier to go to outside record.yeah u guys played more games.but i believe we have the strength of schedule on our side.

this system is all to confusin

You cannot use CoachT Strenght Rankings because Volunteer has had games against teams he doesnt rank

We played Tennessee High which was Hall of champions game

in the Bahamas we played Science Hill (you know them)

Tabernacle Bapstist (former National Champs in the Bahamas)

St. Georges

Also we play Twin Spings twice...they are currently in first play in their confernece

We played and beat Morristown East twice (AAA team in first or second of the IMAC)

We lost to #4 AAA in the state to Brainard in Overtime

The games versus Science Hill, Chattanooga Brainard, Tennessee High, Morristown East (2) and Tabernacle do not equal to Happy Valley non-conference games versus Tenn High, Boone, Greeneville, Unaka, and Crockett.

again overall record is not a tiebreaker....that is why teams scheduale better team to get better and not to pad a record.

Yeah, the Constantly Instigating Agency!!!

:P

Good one Stokomo.

Ole Texas can get a lot stirred up, untill you get to know him. I have laughed with him as I read many of his post. I still look forward to reading his post. When I read the one about the death of JaCo I almost fell outta my chair and everyone came in and we made a short story of it.

Back to basketball, I sure am proud of the way the team has been playing. It sure seemed like the Betsy plan was to rough Charles up and he handled it like the man he is, with class. He just kept getting up and doing what he had to do to help his team win. We've not seen their best game yet. I'm just glad we're not waiting on someone else to win or lose to determine what happens to us.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT FALCON PRIDE"

Edited by ulcpanther

In looking at the two schedules, I don't think HV's schedule even comes close to Volunteer's (don't forget we also played Knox Bearden). I agree that is why overall records are thrown out in this case.

All this jus t shows the parity in the conference this year. It's been a great year and I am looking forward to the post season.

Edited by unbiased

hwarrior... If you look at the Power poll for strength of schedule, you will see that Volunteer is 11th in AA and Happy Valley is 39th. Besides, if we take care of business on tuesday, non of these speculations matter. Just be happy that we get the byes into the regionals. This conference will have upsets in the district tourney.

you seem to be mixed up.ur talkin about the strength+schedule ranking.here is the strength ratings:

48 Happy Valley 51.82

49 Marion Co. 51.66

74 Kingston 49.18

75 Volunteer 49.03

we are almost 30 spots ahead.i understand this doesnt mean anythin though.but if it got into the situation where the who beat who tie breaker could not work then what would be the tie breaker?

again this is all speculation and 7-8 outcomes would have to fall into place before this would happen,high unlikely.if we just get a bye into regions im perfectly fine,i jus wanna know what would happen in this scenario