Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game were you watching..............the "T" came after a walk call on a falcon player driving to the basket..nobody was tackled...And you are right the inside game for Central was opened by Volunteer having to play man defense..we made him look like an all-star and he is slow and lazy for the most part

Could we please refrain from bashing other players in the forums. Thank you very much. > "......he is slow and lazy for the most part."

With the DB Indians taking a Friday night off, several Indian fans and even a coach or 2 was spotted in this crowd. This was the 1st time I have seen Volunteer play since last year.

Central was very poised, and was a smart Basketball Team. They ran their Half Court Offense to perfection, getting what, 6 or 8 (3 pt) play opportunities....the hard way. And the post player for Central was dominant. Nothing else you can say, that big #50, he totally won the game just by making easy catches on dump down passes and being stronger than anyone the Falcons could put on him.

I really expected to see Volunteer win this game. I sat on the Church Hill side and we cheered for Charles Lindholm every time he scored, and he scored alot of points. Trouble was, he had no help. Shot'S were rushed, poor passes made, very poor ball handling. Maybe the home court advantage was just to much to overcome. We will see in the Region.

I did see a couple of things that stood out. Charles Lindhold is a very good ball player. He reminds me of Granville Arnold of Sullivan North back in (80-83) down low and Lee Garber of the DB Indians from (77-80), both were the best players I ever watched. He has a ton of talent.

2 - The entire Falcon team needs to go to the Barber Shop Saturday morning and get a $5 Special!! If you are going to be Big Time, you gotta look Big Time!! Or, nobody will take you serious. The Falcons looked shabby at best, except the Coach, he was SMOOTH and SHINY. Central looked cool and they played under control.

I hope all of you Falcon Fans hit 11W on Saturday (after the Haircut trip) and cheer for Good 'Ole Dobyns-Bennett vs Tennessee High. If you do make this game, you will not see 1 player on either team with hair over 3 inches long, most will be 1" or less. Not saying hair is the big deal here, but Discipline is. TN High and DB both have tough, top notch coaches and they are tough and expect and "get" the best out of each and every player on their teams.

Good luck Volunteer in the Region

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

It just wasn't Volunteer's night. The guard got hot and then they couldn't stop #50 maybe a box and 1 would have helped. They cut it to 6 and then had 3 straight turnovers. A very physical game and at times both teams out of control. Central kept there composure better got second chance shots and overall out played Volunteer which was the difference.

I hate to have so many posts in a row but new things keep coming up that I want to pass along.

We will be playing at 8:30 Tuesday and if we win we will be playing at 8:30 Wednesday and the finals will be at 8:00 on Thursday.

A couple of weeks ago on another thread some guy from Unaka was trying to diss our schedule. Look at the Region 1-AAA bracket and you will see that at some point we played four teams in that tournament. Tennessee High (Hall of Fame game that does not count on our record), Cherokee, Science Hill and Morristown East. Our recod was 3-3. Beat Mo'town East twice, split with Cherokee, and lost to Tennessee High and Science Hill. We could have won two of the games we lost (Cherokee and Tennessee).

The schedule of games for the tournament:

Region 1-AA Tournament

Boys

Tuesday

4:00 Sullivan Central (D1-1) v. Union County (D2-4)

5:30 Rutledge (D2-2) v. Happy Valley (D1-3)

7:00 Pigeon Forge (D2-1) v. Elizabethton (D1-4)

8:30 Volunteer (D1-2) v. South Greene (D2-3)

Wednesday

5:30 Game 1 Winner v. Game 2 Winner

8:30 Game 3 Winner v. Game 4 Winner

Thursday

7:30 Semifinal Winners

Edited by CHHS72

Go Falcons

I know this is a mute point...BUT for those HV and Unaka fan's dissing our schedule

we played 3 (THREE) number one seeds in the AAA Regions (1-3)

Tennessee High-not at full strength..could've won

Bearden--lost but not a blowout

Brainard--lost in OT..very winable game

enough said about the schedule.....it all is erased now..the REAL season has begun.

If those Volunteer faithful want a real look at what I feel we need to to in the district and regions to reward top seeds..just look at Region4AAA....the first round is played on the higher seeds home floor.I hear the times-news is doing a front page article on this one! :o:D:blink::lol:

:o

Edited by unbiased