Region 6-5A juggernaut region

big poppa

Region 6-5A is without doubt the best all around region in the state. That statement is not an arrogant assessment it is just a fact. Franklin is never out of a ballgame due to their explosive offense.Brentwood is fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball and they know how to win. They have won more nail-biters than anyone over the last few years. Dickson County gave the rest of the state a wake-up call Friday night by physically whipping Franklin. Their coaching staff is one of the best around and they proved it Friday. Good luck to region 5 because you will have to beat two of the three to make the semi's-- not likely. What does everyone else think?

Region 6-5A is without doubt the best all around region in the state. That statement is not an arrogant assessment it is just a fact. Franklin is never out of a ballgame due to their explosive offense.Brentwood is fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball and they know how to win. They have won more nail-biters than anyone over the last few years. Dickson County gave the rest of the state a wake-up call Friday night by physically whipping Franklin. Their coaching staff is one of the best around and they proved it Friday. Good luck to region 5 because you will have to beat two of the three to make the semi's-- not likely. What does everyone else think?

A good point about the power of these four teams all have their strengths. One point of order... DC O-line may have whipped FHS D-Line, but QB Solima went untouched again...FHS O-line one of the best in pass protection.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Solima did go untouched thus you are completely right, but I do not think the DCHS philosophy was to pressure the quarterback as much as it was to cover the Franklin receivers. They would have rather Solima beat him with his legs as opposed to his arm. The run game for Franklin was nowhere to be found which is a credit to DCHS's liebacking core. If Dickson doesn't give up the third and long as much as they did the score would not have been that close. Look for these two teams to meet again in round 3.

Fortunate for DC we even attempted running. Should not have. Don't know what OC Nowell thinking, trailing by 7 with 5 minutes left. Put Nichols and Bell on the sideline on 1st and 2nd down and tried to go off tackle.

FHS 17 rushes for 34 yards! 17 of 34 for 271 yards passing. Wake up Danny Nowell you don't have to set up a passing game! You get 51 plays you throw on 45 of them! 11 more attempts gets you 5 more completions gets you 80 yards instead of 34! simple math!!!! Double your production, double your fun

Edited by BigDogDaddy

GWAVE1,

You were singing a similar tune last year when you opened with a Franklin team that was not as good as this year's. I understand that the entire community is in disaray after a horrible act by the TSSAA, but I do not think it would matter because any of the four seeds out of 6-5A would prove to be too much for the one demensional Greenwave.

Fortunate for DC we even attempted running. Should not have. Don't know what OC Nowell thinking, trailing by 7 with 5 minutes left. Put Nichols and Bell on the sideline on 1st and 2nd down and tried to go off tackle.

FHS 17 rushes for 34 yards! 17 of 34 for 271 yards passing. Wake up Danny Nowell you don't have to set up a passing game! You get 51 plays you throw on 45 of them! 11 more attempts gets you 5 more completions gets you 80 yards instead of 34! simple math!!!! Double your production, double your fun

I'm not typically one to go against the coaches but I must agree with BDD here. With the offensive weapons we have at WR (Hammond's a great back, don't get me wrong), we should throw quite a bit more. We'll see though, we'll see.

GWAVE1,

You were singing a similar tune last year when you opened with a Franklin team that was not as good as this year's. I understand that the entire community is in disaray after a horrible act by the TSSAA, but I do not think it would matter because any of the four seeds out of 6-5A would prove to be too much for the one demensional Greenwave.

We opened with Centennial last year not Franklin. And I picked Franklin to beat us last year too. Gallatin would have had problems matching up with Franklin, Dickson Co or Brentwood but we beat Centennial. 2nd round is where it would more than likely end but If you don't think that Gallatin is better than a Glencliff....well thats your problem. ;)

Region 6 is an incredible region. I think that Brentwoods offensive line may be a little underrated. They have only given up 2 sacks all year and can pound the ball as shown vs dickson. Thats not bad. As for dicksons o line.... the 396 yards rushing vs franklin, whom has a good defense, speaks for itself. Centennials Oline almost beat brentwood. Franklins o line while lacking size makes up for in technique and pure toughness and they give solima more than ample time to pick apart a defense. I am i firm believer that this region is not only the toughest in the state but one of the three (*brentwood, franklin, dickson) will be playing on Dec 6. The point of this thread is to shine some light on the offensive lines from these schools. As we all know, the game is won in the trenches.

Go region 6