Franklin Co. vs Lebanon

FC Rebelman 62

Maybe its just me but why does everyone have to belly ache about franklin county beating them? is it because maybe FC has learn that if you can out hit sombody they will lay down? You miss the fact that the sidlined player yall are refering to was also swatting at the players as he was on the ground causeing him to get kicked at? slow-mo your film friend. And while i watched the game, i a spectator saw nothing of the sort with bad manners on the fans part. and yes during warm ups i was leaning aginst the fence and your heavy set coach in a joggin outfit was making crud remarks such as "this is our house tonight rebels" and "yall can't handle us" hmmmm very unsportsman like on an adult coachs part. anyhow its all done and in the books good luck rebels on your way to Riverdale. and congrats on gettin "hardnosed" with the big boys.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's done is done.

The Rebels are a good football team. I have no respect, however, for the program whatsoever after Friday night. Just try that bush league stuff at Tomahawk and see how far it gets you. So you're hardnosed now? Congratulations. So is Riverdale. And they have more talent.

You might want to check your math on the penalty situation.

I can't speak for the coach in question, it probably wasn't the best move on his part. But as for the pregame activity, was there anything derogatory about the comments (outside of the realm of plain old smack talk)? It's called motivation.

So A.J. was on the ground "swatting" at the defenders standing over him? Gee, maybe he was trying to defend himself. What a concept. If I was 5'7 140 lying in front of two behemoths kicking me in the groin I would do the same. Do you really think he would start something like that?

"As a spectator" you saw no bad manners on the fans' part? Well "as a victim" of buttery assault :) I sure as heck felt it. Oh, I guess that stuff hitting me in the back was imaginary.

Does anybody read an entire post anymore? I have no problem with Lebanon losing to Franklin County. It is simply my opinion that the Rebels were outplayed. What I do have a problem with are ridiculous antics of fans and horrendous officiating. (notice I didn't say biased officiating) I see no evidence of "bellyaching" in this thread.

Sportsmanship....oh dont even get me started. First of all Lebanon came to FC thinking it was their school and bad mouthing FC. Secondly the fans came over to FC's dawg pound and started talking trash to them. Then once the game was over, half the players would not shake hands with the Rebels. I think that is called for unsportsmanship. I know FC has some very immature fans but all schools do. But it just really got me how Lebanons players had such poor sportsmanship. Putting your hands in your jersey so you dont have to shake hands is a little childish. Don't take away the effort the Rebs put into this game just because your team did not win. Both teams have put it alot of time for this, so I do not believe it should be taken away because the team you wanted to win failed. Congrats to the Rebs!!

Guest region4fan

Devil, I was just wondering if it was adults or kids that were acting so ugly?? Truthfully, I was embarrassed at how our kids behaved at the Oakland / Siegel game this year. The Siegel kids weren't any better either. I just wanted to know where they were when we played other games this year! Siegel booed and screamed out chaNTS when our seniors were being presented for senior nite. I thought that was classless. Our kids were wearing trash bags and yelling chants about garbage to them. It was bad. It did not carry over in the game as Marty and Watson have disciplined clubs. It was a physical game, but no cheap shots taken.

Do you think that the little episode that Lebanon players were involved in had something to do with the way you were treated??

Finally I must add that several of Lebanon's coaches did not shake hands with Oakland's players or coaches last year when we played you. So maybe there is bad blood b/t some of the coaches there that carried over??

I am a firm believer in respecting other teams' fans and players whether at home or away. If you are hospitable to the fans at home, they will spend money and buy programs and food for your program! If you act a fool at their place, you might get jumped on the way to your car. Not smart!

Guest Oakland

come on region lighten up a bit. your telling me that you didnt think that that oakland-siegel game would ugly?! what planet were you coming from, lets the kids have some fun region, i mean this is a fun game and if it includes taunting from the opposing students,fans,and alumni then so be it..............i have no problem with fans jaunting back and forth to each other as long as it doesnt lead to violence, thats where I draw the line..............

Edited by oakland2001

That is lebanons trademark to go to the center of the field and talk trash to the other team. they really like to do it on your home field at mid field to show disrespect for their opponent. They get it from their coaches who have zero class.

Region as you know at the Smyrna game oakland did the same thing and came out and "danced" on the smyrna S and yelled stuff at smyrnas bench. I was very suprised since all I have ever heard is how much class Oakland has. The rest of the game was fine and no other stuff went on. I know you have an inside track at Oakland you need to let someone know this does not show anything but poor sportsmanship and puts you in the same league with Lebanon when you do it.

Oakland doesn't need that cheap stuff Lebanon does.

Guest region4fan

Cat, I would be very disappointed in Oakland for doing that stuff.. I am not saying that you are lying, but truthfully everyone that I have asked about what you said says that it did not happen. I was there early to get a good seat............between 6:30 and 6:45. I never saw anything like that while I was there. I asked several people whow ere there earlier than that who also did not see anything like that taking place.But.............I will say that there were some bad feelings toward Smyrna due to last year when Smyrna went straightoff the field to their dressing room when the game was over. The kids shook hands with no one, and neither did the coaches. In fact Shadowens was cussing at the top of his lungs about being cheated and he wasn't shaking hands with any cheaters.Of course that is no reason for Oakland to act in a taunting way towards Smyrna. There has been no other team that Oakland has been accused of doing that to.EVER!! SO....... IF Oakland did this , I am sure that it was w/o Marty's blessing. Lebanon, on the other hand, is encouraged by their coaches to act in that way. I am sure that you already know that though.