Franklin Co. vs Lebanon

FC Rebelman 62

82cat----------- uses tired LHS theft jokes because he has nothing else

35-14------------------a direct result of the thefts (not saying they didn't deserve to sit, just saying that you can bet the outcome would have been different if LHS was even close to 100%.

Smyrna's habitual jabbering from both players and fans--------- the reason that the Bulldogs are the only team from 4-5A I can't bring myself to support on any occasion. i went to Boys' State with a Smyrna player. We played on the same flag football team. All he talked about the entire week to me was about how much Lebanon blew and how awesome Smyrna was. For some reason, I wasn't surprised.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region, which heavyset one are you referring to? I would like to know. I suppose this staff feels they have to be tough because Coach Moose was said by some to be too relaxed.

I don't know if repairs and replacements have been made yet. I understand that full responsibility was accepted for the damages, I'm not sure whether it was the school, the booster club, or the team itself.

It really hurts knowing you can't pull for smyrna----------------------------------------- we were really running low on our felons night at the park.

you were 100% the 3 times before what is your excuse then?

As i said before i can name all the key players that did not play against smyrna------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you very much

never heard coach moose be degrading it is your head coach and its not hearsay i heard it myself

Guest region4fan

Devil, I just know that he was white and a lot bigger than the rest of them. All of the cussing and degrading the kids seemed to come from him. Several parents said that he was jerking the players by their facemasks. As a parent, I want my kid to be motivated, but not degraded or humiliated. You can motivate kids and still let them know that you love them. ANd you don't have to manhandle them either.

I don't know about the "relaxed" stuff or not. I just know that the players at Oakland love him and his D line is second to none.I also know that we respected Lebanon then, and he started the trend beating Oakland. Also they didn't get the rep that they have now.

i am happy to hear that things at Blackman and Laverge will be taken care of. The football team should have had to cover the cost. Did the coaches get reprimanded for leaving the kids unattended? Also we heard that the ringleader in the whole thing lived at Coach Brown's?? That makes it worse if it is true.

The young man in question, as CeCe brought up before, was a troubled kid living in adverse conditions. Coach Brown took care of the boy and took him under his wing, but the kid made a mistake. The situation is being dealt with.

I always loved Coach Moose, he's a brilliant guy, all I knew was that he had a reputation for being very loose in terms of discipline. I don't feel comfortable about commenting on the coaches' behavior, as I am a student here and know many of them personally, but you could be right. I do not know if they were reprimanded for leaving the players unattended. I hope the coach you are referring to is not who I think it is.

Actually, cat, I don't have much to say to you about the last 3 years. Last year you embarassed us on our homecoming, emough said. The game 2 years ago is still a sore spot here, because of the conditions our players had to endure and a questionable ineligible downfield call. That does not need to be rehashed. As for who was missing this year, approximately 17 players, roughly half of them starters, sat out a half or whole game, including some of our well-known playmakers. (whose names I do not wish to disclose, you can figure out who they are) I might take you up on your offer to watch the game Friday, I enjoy watching good football and think that SHS has a shot to win.

Oh, and by the way, 82cat, I love being called a thief, especially when I had absolutely nothing to do with the incidents. Gotta love the class up there in Smyrna.

I believe if you ck the post you brought up smyrna's lack of class first. when you have some things go on like lebanon did this year that might an area you want to shy away from for a while. glad you weren't involved and thats all old news anyway.

sorry about the "conditions" 2 yrs ago i didn't realize it only rained on lebanons side

of the field.

Edited by 82cat

I'm not talking about the rain exactly. Obviously you weren't there, or you were oblivious to what happened. I guess you don't know what I'm referring to. I'm too tired to explain it tonight, if you would like the facts, I'll post on here soon.Actually Lebanon's lack of class was not only brought up first in this thread, but it has been scrutinized the entire time. I'm just making sure all sides of the issue are represented. And for your information, I feel that I have every right to talk about class because I try to exhibit it. I've never been involved in anything unsportsmanlike, because I'm not on the team. I can comment on whomever I wish.

Guest region4fan

Devil I would like to talk to you off the record. Would you email me at Mrregion4fan@yahoo.com? I don't mean tonight , but sometime soon. Thanks, I think you sound like a level-headed good kid. You remind me of my bud last year on coacht, hegotgame , who is languishing in college now! I miss conversing with him.

BLACKANDBLUE ON THE PLAY WHERE THE CLOCK STARTED. IT WAS NOT A TIME OUT, RATHER A MOTION PENALTY ON THE REBS, UNFORTUNATELY THE RULE IS THAT THE CLOCK DOES START AFTER THAT PENALTY. ITS A TERRIBLE RULE BUT NOT WRONG. ON THE PLAY WHERE THE PLAYER WAS LIFTED UP HE WAS HIT AND THEN LIFTED JUST AS YOU TEACH PLAYERS TO TACKLE IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE STONGEST TWO PLAYERS ON F C. THEY DID NOT SLAM HIM INSTEAD LET HIM DOWN IT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Region4Fan:

Again, your information is wrong, at best a half truth.

The "ringleader" of the "Lebanon Theft Scandal" DID NOT live with Coach Brown. This player - and again, I use that term loosely - was and is a ward of the state of Tennessee, in the juvenile justice system.

I believe I did mention that in a previous post and will say that I do have a little more information on the matter - more than just the rumors floating around Murfreesboro.

I do not think this incident should be or will be swept under the rug - it will be dealt with by the appropriate authorities and then the whole of the Lebanon Football Program will pay the price for what their team mates did.

Just remember as you continue to point out that the Lebanon Football Program is a "classless" act - these are young men, 15, 16, 17 and 18 year olds who make mistakes and thankfully, have lived to rectify this mistake.

Unfortunately, they will also have to wear an imaginary scarlet letter ("T" for theft) on their chests until men like you give this issue a rest.

If you have such strong opinions about this, come to the Booster Club meeting at LHS this evening, let your feelings be known - contact the Principal, contact the coach, contact the school board but please, don't continue to run these young men into the ground.

Christ extended grace to us when we didn't deserve it, show some compassion and do the same.