Fairview vs. Chester Co.

jacketpride24

Official Press Release from Jacketpride24

Cold Hard Facts about the Game

Chester Co. (8-2)-Combined Record of Opponents (46-54)

Record against 1A- (2-0) Opponents record- (9-11)

Record against 2A- (4-2) Opponents record- (36-24)

Record against 3A- (2-0) Opponents record- (1-19)

Record away- (5-0)

Fairview (6-4)- Combined Record of Opponents (46-54)

Record against 2A- (4-3) Opponents record- (35-35)

Record against 3A- (1-0) Opponents record- (2-8)

Record against 4A- (1-1) Opponents record- (9-11)

Record Home- (4-1)

So if you look at these stats, the teams are pretty even in their success against their opponents. Fairview played a little bit tougher of a schedule by playing two 4A schools and no 1A. Chester Co. plays well on the road, Fairview play wells at home. Everything is pretty even. Here is how I see the out come.

Run Offense- Even (Both teams rely heavly on the run)

Run Defense- Chester Co. (The most the teams has given up all year is 152 yards)

Pass Offense- Fairview (QB Dusty England has been getting better every week, and have many sure handed recievers)

Pass Defense-Even (Both teams have struggle against the pass, whwoever doe better here could win the game)

Special Teams- Even ( Even though Fairview has a great Freshman kicker, the coach doesn't trust him in crunch time, Chester Co. also doesn't rely on their kicking game that often.)

Coaching- Fairview (Coach Rewis always comes up with a great game plan, he is a terrific coach, who gets the most out of his players. This will be the difference in the game.)

Final Score

Fairview-21

Chester Co.- 20

jacketpride24, you are to be commended on a great post. You stated the facts, threw in some opinions, and made a prediction. Good job.

The only part I would tend to disagree with is the coaching advantage given to Fairview. I believe that the coaching must be considered even. Coach Cupples took over a program 2 years ago that had been ignored before his arrival (1-9 record). Chester Co. didn't seem to care to much about football until Cupples showed up (check me on that info TheBoredGuy).

I won't predict a winner, but I think that the final margin will be single digits.

Nice post.

Chester County's pass defense isn't really all that bad. They had some breakdowns earlier in the season, but it's tightened up considerably since. In fact, the Eagles have picked off 15 passes as a team this year. I don't have it in front of me, but I think they're something like +10 in turnover margin this year.

Jeff took over a team that had a record of 15-57 in the 7 years previous. He's only in his 2nd year of coaching, but I have seen him make great strides in those two years - especially in the last two weeks. Just watching him and his playcalling, you can see him becoming more confident with his in-game coaching. He has been blessed with a great group of seniors this year, but he's taken the talent and done something with it.

I would have to give Fairview the advantage in the experience category... they've been very tough in the playoffs the last two years even though they were the #4 seed from 5-2A. Obviously, Coach Rewis knows how to prepare his teams so they peak at playoff time.

But... Fairview is lacking the all-important Mean Jean factor this year, so that's a plus for Chester County. B)

Well I gave the coaching edge to Fairview because Coach Rewis has also turned Fairview into a winner. The year before he arrived in Fairview, the football team was 0-10, now they are consitently winning. Coach Rewis is also a very intelligent man and can devise great game plans. Not trying to take credit away from Chester Co. coach but I believe Coach Rewis has the advantage. The coach seems to be alot like Coach Rewis, but just like was stated Fairview has a group of Juniors and Seniors that have played in a playoff atmsophere before so that could also be an advantage.

I do miss meanjean. But trust me the Fairview faithful will be out Friday Night for some great high school football.

Good thread. This is as even as a game gets. I have to give the edge in coaching to Fairview. Any time a team can place 4th and then upset a solid Huntingdon last year has to have a good schemer running things. I will be the first to admitt that Cupples has impressed and done great things this year. He's alot better coach than I gave him credit for in the begining of the season. (My apologies!)

But in a game like this, where there dont seem to be any major advantage in talent, I think coaching and experience comes into play. Id give team speed to CC, and coaching/versatility to Fairview.

I also think this is where CC's schedule comes to haunt them. (Not thier fault) Playing teams that are down typically hurts the players in the long run, but not with this team. They will be ready to play. But I do think CC's coaches havent proved they can outcoach someone. The only games that CC played where they didnt have a major talent advantage was against H-don and Mckenzie, thier only two losses. (I personally think CC has more talent than Mck.)

Cupples is growing/improving and will get his chance to prove he can win the big game. We shall see, and I hope CC can make history and get the win. Best of luck to both teams for what will be a hard fought, close game.

PS. Trulyhuge1 talked about the last time CC made the playoffs and the atmoshpere...(1998, my junior year) He is right, its great. I just wanted to thank him for showing up..we had maybe 15 people in the stands!! Im pretty confident that this year's CC team will bring the town with them.