Shelbyville Play Day Results Day 1

basketballfan2003

When someone told Jack Harlow that this week was the state playoffs, he must have mistakenly thought they meant the basketball playoffs. Tonight, Bradley Co. played Shelbyville with the intensity and fire of the state finals. Bradley Co. hit three three-point shots to take a quick lead keep Shelbyville scoreless in the first three minutes. This game was intense and had the feeling of a playoff games. These two teams should meet again. The final was Shelbyville 46, Bradley Co. 35.

Shelbyville also won 43-27 over Wilson Central.

In other games, Jackson Co. came from behind in both of their games to win 58-54 over Blackman and 66-59 over Loretto. Blackman and Loretto had the lead for most of the game, and Jackson Co. came back in the last few minutes of both games to win.

In the other game at Shelbyville's gym, Lavergne won 38-34 over Moore Co.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great to hear the good things being said about Bradley's team. I know that coach Harlowe is strict and tough but I keep saying that if girls will not take his toughness personal and realize that he just has a fire and passion for the game, then they will become 10 times better or more than they were before.

Does anyone know who some of the standouts were on Bradley's team. What about their other game against Mt. Juliet. Thanks for all of the information.

GO BEARETTES!

Bradley lost to Mt Juliet by 5...We beat ourselves and Harlow was hard on the girls after the game. The girls got together and played GREAT against Shelbyville. They should have won that game, but didn't. Harlow needs to learn how to be more encouraging, he can be too hard sometimes and go overboard. Jackie did awesome in the Shelbyville game. She was the spark at the begining of the game that got us going. Good luck tomorrow Bearettes!

I agree with you that he could be more encouraging. I believe he needs to learn how to channel all of that passion and emotion and bring it out in a positive way more often. He is without a doubt one of the greatest basketball minds in all of the state and I believe that if he would mix that with a more likable personality then there would be no telling how far he and his teams would go. I know that there are some girls in our county who are a little skeptical about playing for him and there have also been a couple of girls that have quit. My message to them would be that he is not a monster (in fact, I have had many people tell me that he is a very good person and a loving family man) and I truly believe that he just wants to make them be the best that they can be, he just gets a little carried away sometimes. When he does, just overlook and go out and work twice as hard. It will all pay off in the end.

I understand exactly what Bearettefan meant. It is entirely possible to beat yourself (bad execution, mental mistakes, too many turnovers, etc.) Never once did Bearette fan say that Bradley was playing a bad team and losing to them was disgraceful. I am sure that your coach and players have said many times that they "beat themselves". I think someone needs to get off of their high horse and not take everyones comments to be personal.

Have you ever been in a huddle with Harlow? Have you ever been around him after a big win. after the season ended? Probably not. I've caught the bad end of the man and the good! I'll tell you this much the good end far out ways the bad. He was all over Kristen Reynolds Friday against Mt. Juliet..and you know what...she kept her eyes on coach the whole time he chewed her out. That is discipline and college scouts like that! I've been chewed out by the man when I was an assistant...I'll tell you this much...when I got chewed..I deserved it! Of course Coach encouraged me many of times...that's why I think he's a great coach cause I remember the good times...the big wins and seeing the girls go off to college and being successful! That's really what it is all about...Getting the players to institutions of higher learning and seeing them excel! When you get in the huddle and get chewed...or get the call to take the big shot..you can talk about the man! As far as I'm concerned.....he is a great coach and person even though I curse him every now and then...of course who doesn't curse their old coaches on occasion! I certainly do and I bet everyone esle does! Just stick you head in the huddle or come in the locker room after the game and then you can talk about the Coach!