McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former player for DB, the way it feels on the field is something different than you feel at any other high school game. I remember having many of my friends on teams like Oak Ridge and Jeff. County talk to me after games about how it doesn't really even feel like your playing in a high school footbal game, but more like a college atmosphere. They always would talk about how what would throw them off their game is the simple fact that they had never seen anything like it before. One of the best nights as far as atmosphere goes was my senior year in 2000 after we had just beaten Sevier County to take the #1 ranking in the state. That place was packed, even for our standards (my guess is about 9,000-9,500), and believe it or not, the Cats beat us that night. Don't take me the wrong way in saying this McMinn fans, but you won't really understand the hype until you see it and experience it (be in your seat at about 6:15). My guess for this game is about 6,000-7,000 fans if the Cherokees bring a crowd. Best of luck to both teams and most of all, I hope everybody stays healthy and leaves it on the field cause this could be it for all the seniors on both sides. Have a safe trip to the KPT and grab a sweet tea on the way in. Roll Tribe Roll!!!

Hey BUD, just wondering, I know that you guys have beaten a lot of teams very badly this year and that your band plays the war song on every kick off? Does the song ever get old. I personally have never gotten tired of hearing it and I have seen DB beat my team pretty bad. Does the band sell CD's of the war song, I love it.

Never, ever gets old. I love it. Go to (click on the underlined db band link I have provided to be directed to website) DB BAND and go to sights and sounds and click on the sound clips. check out some pics too!! It really is a nice webpage. Let me know what you all think.

PS picture on the fron of webpage is not the huge marching band, that is the concert band. Marching band has 340 some members.

Edited by bud

A key for McMinn coming into the game is to remember no matter what the atmosphere is like (college or high school) it is still high school kids their ages that they are playing against. I think this game is going to come down to whether McMinn can control the football. If they can control the clock (but not by avoiding the chance at breaking big plays) I think they have a good shot at winning this one. The defense is looking good and is ready to play. I know DB will score, but I think that this is the best defense that they've faced this season. DB has a lot of weapons. It will be interesting to see if the Cherokees can shut them down or slow them down at least.

Go Cherokees!

MCHS-24

DB-17