McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

You all are predicting these huge scores

Patriotghost79

Correction to you ALL. Art is not all DB fans, he is one and he likes to talk it up, his given right. We know not to expect a blowout, but to hope for a win. More McMinn fans are predicting by a larger margin if you go back and read.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB fans, do you think the weather will have any effect on how well the QB throws the ball? Did he start last year for the Indians? I ask this because I think he is going to be the key factor for DB. I know you all have several weapons, but I still think he is the key. With the weather being the way it has been this year, neither team has had to play in freezing temps. How do you guys from McMinn and DB think this will effect each team? Try to be honest without being too bias.

The weather could have an effect, but when Duran is in the zone, well you know. Our QB, Duran, is a junior this year and did not start last year. Could have started if needed, but we had great Senior named Brent Mears. Kingsport is always a little colder than the rest of the state (being further North and higher in elevation), so I think DB players are ready for the weather they grew up in. Sometimes, really cold hands can hurt a player though. Cold weather sometimes seems like it brings lower scoring games.

Edited by bud

True Bud, but I think the speed of both defenses would cause a fairly low scoring game anyway. In the past, DB has been known to me as a quick strike, big play offense. Does DB have the ability to be patient or do they try to score quickly all the time. When I saw them play this year, they score whenever they wanted to.

Well, like I said, when I saw them play this year, they could have give the ball to one of the guards on their own 1 yard line and scored. I just know how hard it is for teams with so much skill to get used to 4 and 5 yard gains. I am not saying that McMinn can hold them to those small yardage gains or if that is even their game plan, but I was just wondering if DB has had to go the long way this season and if so when and against what team?