2AA

goob5804

well, just for the record , no you can not  take or decline any penalty.

a false start is a dead ball foul and since it is a dead ball foul it is a 5 yard penaltyu , and the rule is you cant bring a resevier to the sidelines , looking like he is going out of the game and run the play  . anyways  if that was the call by the refs isnt it a  penalty before the ball is snapped and the play would be  null n viod?    im not taking anything away from sweetwaters players they played a good dame and won ok, i just think that the reff in tssaa is terrible agree or not?  thanks guys n good luck to all  bobby c

i agree with every thing you say...except for me being on the sideline like i was out of the play...i mean goodness sakes i was on gp's side...i could see if i was on our sideline... but any ways moving on to next week now...

Edited by h2oBOI

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, just for the record , no you can not take or decline any penalty.

Sounds like someone needs to read their rule book:

Rule 10-1-1. The distance penalty for any foul may be declined.

Right there, clear as crystal in the rule book. Get one and read it. Don't come on here talking about rules unless you know what you're talking about. There are a LOT of differences between high school and college rules, and it's not the officials' fault if the players and coaches don't know them.

The rule book should be required reading for all players and coaches. Who knows, they might find out they could do something they didn't know about....like multiple forward passes during the same down. Or a free kick following a fair catch that can score a field goal.

bigwest 68, were you at this game? dont run your mouth about me not knowing the rules, cause i do know them very well. im not on here talking bout the kids from sweetwater , just about the lack of having any good reffs in a playoff game.

and once againg let me tell you sir that you can not ever decline a false start penalty, however you can decline a offside penalty but not a false start, and any play that the offense is running that has a penalty before the ball is snapped can not result in a touchdown, and then the penalty be on the next play , as the extra point, so maybe you need to read, or just shut up and ill do the same, game over