Non-Bradley/Soddy State Contenders

dragonwrestler

Who do you think will be the biggest threat at the state duals besides Bradley and Soddy(the two obvious)? I think Collierville may have gotten the short end of the stick on the rankings, because we beat Franklin something like 54-14 last year at the Franklin Duals Tourney...I'm not trying raise any dispute with Franklin they are a good team, and I know they only graduated 2 kids, but Collierville only graduated 2 and lost 1. Franklin is a very strong team, but Collierville might make a name for DI west tennesse wrestling this year. With that said, what are your picks besides Bradley and Soddy.

hey I would definitely pull for Collierville. they have definitely improved over time and I think they will be a contender. You are right, they might have been overlooked, as have other teams from West Tn. and they just might be a big surprise BUT, I think we have teams like East Ridge, REd Bank, Ooltewah and others that might bring it on. Franklin High could be a surprise also.

Cleveland's Coach Al Miller always does a great job. I think they'll be tough again this year, but if you want to believe they're lacking go ahead. Last year Cleveland was probably the 2nd best dual meet team in the state and they finished 3rd at the traditional tournament. They did lose a few good wrestlers but they have plenty coming back and from what I hear a few new faces that will surprise alot of people.