shelbyville playday day 2

lpmarlowe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 41 for Loretto looked really good. #22 for Mt. Juliet had a great game also!

Wilson Central had a point guard that was real athletic #24! Hensly has a beautiful shot! (Jackson County) Overall I enjoyed being a fan of the game at Shelbyville and seeing all the talent that is coming up!

#22 Mt. Juliet Alysha Clark is a prettier version of Dennis Rodman but not quite as wacky. Kelly Gassie for Wilson Central has the sweetest pull-up I've seen and it is almost impossible to defend when she goes left.

I think most of the coaches got caught up in the excitement and were concerned

about winning rather than working on the their weaknesses and evaluating their players.Mt. Juliet was down 10-12 points and showed no signs of getting back into the game until Hillsboros coach(0-4 for the playday)sat his starters late in the third and all the fourth presumably so he could see his 2nd and 3rd string work against

quality a defense, all while MJ kept their starters in and pressed till the buzzer and won by 7or 8 points. ;)

Did you happen to see Mt. Juliet's bench? There were 3 kids that sat on it, and all 3 played during the Hillsboro game. In a program like MJ's you dont have 10 girls sitting on the bench like Hillsboro. It's a little bit tougher to play the game in West Wilson that it is in Nashville. Let's also not be so critical of the MJ coaches. I'd say that Fryer is moving on up there with the state's best and he has done things in his past 5 years that most may not accomplish in an entire career.

Edited by zoza25

zoza25 has it right. There are 7 varsity players on the Mt. Juliet team. Two juniors, (Clark & Hudson) four sophomores, (Gibson, Pigue, McFarlin and Muniz) and one freshman, (Miaca Bowman). The other person dressed out was Mandy McGee who will play on the freshman team. During the regular season, they will dress the six players from the freshman team for all varsity games. So before you make uneducated remarks about Fryers "style", know the facts. :)

I was not knocking the coaches ability I think he's proven to be one of the best

in the mid-state area my comment was that some of the coaches got caught in a must win attitude. Fryer did have only 8 players which still doesn't justify pressing till the final buzzer with his regulars against Hillsboros 3rd string which was mostly freshman.They were outplayed by Hillsboros regulars and seemed to want revenge against the weaker players. Most teams only play 8 or 9 players

anyway.Hillsboros first five 1freshman 1soph 3juniors. :)

Edited by givbakr2

Givbakr2-

Please tell me what good coach doesn't have a must win attitude? I don' t care if we are playing tiddly winks, winning is winning. That my friend is what sets the mediocre coaches from the exceptional ones that are in Murfressboro year after year. THEY EXPECT TO WIN NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

Fryer is a excellent coach, but I could see the disappointment when his team was being handled by a school he just beat to advance to the state.This team plays a different style of ball than last years senior laden group.He could not press the regulars, but took pride in pressing and finally overcoming a group much like the ones you said will dress varsity during the season .Hillsboro's district record is much like Fryer's but its advancing to the state which separates him from the rest.