McKenzie Running Game

VOLnWTN

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy rebelmom40, we're on your side! The last time I noticed Cody's knee bothering him in a game was at Chester Co. It may not have been enough to hurt his performance any but, it did bother him some. We love to see Cody have big games--we seem to always win when he does. Just think that it's good to take some of the pressure off of him. When other teams aren't keying on him he can have a better game. That's what happened in the Cheatham Co. game and he had a great game. 4 TD's (three rushing, one receiving).

Cook is one of those rare running backs that come along that has the speed, strength, and heart to give everything they have on the field and do some serious damage in the process and it isn't unappreciated by the Rebel fans. Just feel that being diverse or two dimensional on offense makes us much better at running AND throwing. By the way, Cook has had a super season on defense too!

Easy rebelmom40, we're on your side! The last time I noticed Cody's knee bothering him in a game was at Chester Co. It may not have been enough to hurt his performance any but, it did bother him some. We love to see Cody have big games--we seem to always win when he does. Just think that it's good to take some of the pressure off of him. When other teams aren't keying on him he can have a better game. That's what happened in the Cheatham Co. game and he had a great game. 4 TD's (three rushing, one receiving).

Cook is one of those rare running backs that come along that has the speed, strength, and heart to give everything they have on the field and do some serious damage in the process and it isn't unappreciated by the Rebel fans. Just feel that being diverse or two dimensional on offense makes us much better at running AND throwing. By the way, Cook has had a super season on defense too!

Good call on Cook's "D"! He has had a great defensive year, especially late in the season, to go w/ his offense.

The good news for the Rebel fans is we got him for one more year. Any colleges been in contact yet Mom.

Edited by volsandtitans1

Sniff, sniff.................. Hey V&T you smell anything?

Good run defense will be a key in Friday nights game.

I think we may see a little more handoffs this week as in last week which will work to our favor.

Don't forget to look for that little wrinkle in the playbook. I mailed mine today.

Sniff, sniff.................. Hey V&T you smell anything?

Good run defense will be a key in Friday nights game.

I think we may see a little more handoffs this week as in last week which will work to our favor.

Don't forget to look for that little wrinkle in the playbook. I mailed mine today.

mail, what!? I faxed mine!!!

wannab,

I think you are right. I was talking to one of the players last night and he said that they have small guards and decent size tackles. He said they remind you alot of dresden.

It all depends on how our defense is handling the wing-t. If we are defending it pretty well, I agree that we establish the run like last week and let Cook and Campbell go off again. That would be ideal.

If we are having trouble adjusting to it, you may see alot more passes early to get quick scores.

Yeah, I too, am waiting for the wrinkle. We have seen one every week.

The thing that really cracks me up is that in most of these small towns everyones screaming at the off. coord. to throw the ball, throw the ball! Now once you start throwing every down the fans start crying run the ball, run the ball ! Its just freaking hilarious. :huh:

What's an offensive coordinator?

We mail the plays directly to the coach the week before the game.

v&t, waanab and all you other neysayers out there, I am back. I haven't had much time to read this week. I have been very busy viewing game film and preparing my playbook for the "coach". I hand delivered it to him on Wednesday night so hopefully he had enough time at practice on Thursday to prepare them.