CAK quaterback

LadyEaglesFan

I agree, one of the big reasons that they pass so much is they lost their star running back the second game of the season. I believe he could play in college not just for his arm, but for the tools he has that arent coachable, such as being poised in the pocket, delivering the ball under pressure, his will to win, and being a leader on the field. Now I'm not ganna lie, i dont think he could play in the SEC, but i think he will make a great QB at whatever college is interested in him, if he even tries playing in college.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't belive anyone is right now. Cunningham has just this season become a "great" quarterback. His freshman year CAK(1st year for football @school) played a JV schedule. His sophomore season he was injured the 2nd or 3rd game of the year as the Warriors went 0-8. Last year he passed for around 900 yards for the 3-7 Warriors. Decent numbers but not the kind that will get recruiters attention. This year of course he has really been impressive but playing for a new single A school its still hard to get alot of attention. And I'm not sure if he would even WANT to play college ball.

By The Way- Cunningham has been at CAK since elementary school so he along with every other athlete at the school was not recriuted!!!

Ya so Mark had a rough beginning year well if you looked at the rest of the team then you would understand. Next season so he got hurt, what is he supposed to do when CAK had its hardest schedule of all 1a teams and gets heart not to mention the little freshmen kid got in their and played qb the rest of the season, no wonder they lost all their games! but you look at how far CAK has come from a losing season last year to 4th round playoffs this year now go figure you give Mark C. protection, he will blow the defense out of the water, and mark my words he will and does. This year protected by an amazing line including Mr. Footbal in my opion Michael Blount and many others that let no one through when they dont want to hes on top of passing and no one is near him. He is unstoppable. Colleges keep an eye out.

The reason Cunnigham is not being looked at is because he has trouble reading defenses. The coach tells him where to throw the ball on every play. Austin James is a much better quarteback, plus he can call his own plays at the line and run the two minute offense.

I haven't seen Cunningham. I don't know what his skill level is. I don't care. That being said: All this stuff about reading defenses; sure all that helps; but what do you think college coaching is all about?

Think about this; many players go to college and immediately are put into a whole different scheme, a different position. College is all about learning. There really aren't that many "complete" quarterbacks to choose from. All of them are projects; works in progress.

Granted, the QB position is a tough one to learn, but to think that a good quarterback - and it appears that this Cunningham kid is a very good quarterback -is not acceptable for whatever reason(s)...it's almost insultuous to college coaching staffs to suggest that because he can't read defenses (and he probably can) can't throw the deep-out pass, the fly, the fade, etc. Give me a break. If he can play, and more importantly, if he's a quality student and person, I have little doubt that many colleges will be very interested in talking to him.

Do we not remember Peyton Manning's freshman year? Many were questioning his ability because he had "happy feet," "acted scared," amazing. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The best of luck to you and your team, Mr. Cunningham.

If you put him behind a good line, like he has now led by seniors Nick Parrish, Michael Blount, Bryce Hardin, and A.J. Kendall with Junior James Logan, then this guy can do pretty much anything. He is cool under pressure, and is comfortable in the pocket. Give him a good collegiant line, and Im telling you he can make it happen. I remember seeing pictures and film of Chad Penington back at Webb, tall skinny guy, threw well. Mark reminds me of him.

with everygame each and everyone of you people should have more and more faith in cunninghams ability. tell me he can't read defenses. tell me he can't handle pressure. tell me he can't take a hit. he may still be skinny but every other negative thing people have said about him he has proved wrong. anybody can put time in at the weight room and bulk up a little.

The kid is in the Semifinals. Not a great statistical game but he made the one

touchdown throw and carried out all his ball fakes and did what leaders do. Didn't make any costly errors and the Warriors defense did the rest. I did like his little prayer he did during the long touchdown when he knelt down and looked to have said a little prayer. I guess it was just a coincidence that three Greenback players missed the tackle and the other three in the foot race tightened up. Pujo might have something. Go CAK!!!!