Lincoln County 29 Smyrna 22

jabbo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the LCstatman?  I sure would  like to see the stats of the game.  I think Smyrna probably won in the stats.  They were OUTSTANDING.

According to the Tennessean, the Falcon stats were better (go to http://news.tennessean.com/hs03/site/tenne...y&game_id=9904). I'd like to see a breakdown of how many times we started on our side of the field, verses how many times Smyrna started on our side of the field!

Keep going FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo

I really don't think Josh Gregory ran the ball all that well! Could be the foot but it could have been a great defense from Smyrna also!

I agree with you on this! He is definitely not running the ball as hard as he did the first of the year. It took 3 or 4 people to bring him down during the 1st half of the year. I don't know what is up with him. Since he got hurt, he tips to the line of scrimmage when he gets the ball...not hitting the holes with authority. He needs to learn to stick it up in there at the end of a play and quit stopping his forward progress!... and quite some of the East-West stuff.

In that last series when we took the lead in the ball game before Smyrna tied it up, he ran the ball hard! like he did at the beginning of the year!

hey stumpman we'll take it. i agree with inot2bad that all of the Falcon faithful has all the respect in the world for the bulldogs. #5 and #7 are true atheletes. they need to keep there heads up because they played a great game. Wolke impressed me somewhat he made some big plays. but also made a few mistakes. which everyone does. but what impressed me the most is seeing how the Falcons fought to win. Which they have not had to do much of this year. it also shows me that they have the ablitiy to come from behind late in the game. im just glad to see the Falcons survive. Thats the name of the game in the playoffs. So lets here it Riverdale faithful lets get the tread going and let the the talk begin. REMATCH!!!GAME ON!!!!

Edited by bone37348

According to the Tennessean, the Falcon stats were better (go to http://news.tennessean.com/hs03/site/tenne...y&game_id=9904). I'd like to see a breakdown of how many times we started on our side of the field, verses how many times Smyrna started on our side of the field!

Thanks for that link to the Tennesseean Jabbo! Everyone need to look at those stats! Smyrna did not gain 100 yds rushing. Edmiston out gunned Wolke by many yds through the air! I know that some were short passes and the receivers ran with the ball, but it all counts in the books as passing yds.

According to the Tennessean, the Falcon stats were better (go to http://news.tennessean.com/hs03/site/tenne...y&game_id=9904).  I'd like to see a breakdown of how many times we started on our side of the field, verses how many times Smyrna started on our side of the field!

Thanks for that link to the Tennesseean Jabbo! Everyone need to look at those stats! Smyrna did not gain 100 yds rushing. Edmiston out gunned Wolke by many yds through the air! I know that some were short passes and the receivers ran with the ball, but it all counts in the books as passing yds.

Those fumbles, interceptions, and penalties are things the Falcons need to minimize! Riverdale will capitalize on that sort of thing! We gotta be ready to play without mistakes like that next week!!!!!!

Get ready FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Those fumbles, interceptions, and penalties are things the Falcons need to minimize! Riverdale will capitalize on that sort of thing! We gotta be ready to play without mistakes like that next week!!!!!!

Get ready FALCONS!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more! We seem to win the penalties category each week. Not a stat I would be proud of! We somehow manage to get at least 1 personal foul in every game :D

Ok, here we go-

First Downs L.C. 18, Smyrna 15

Rushing, L.C. 42 rushes for 249 yards, Gregory,22 for 101, Edmiston, 18 for 145, Bryson 1 for 3

Smyrna 27 rushes for 82 yards

Passing, Edmiston was 8 of 15 for 268 yards, with 2 picks and 2 tds., including a 99 yarder to Neon Dobbins from the 1 yard line, and a 64 yarder to win the game to Chanze Bryson with 16 seconds remaining.

And Smyrna ran one of Michaels picks back for a 70 yard td with L.C. driving late in the third, to take the lead.

Wolke was 14 out of 29 for 166 yards with 2 picks and 1 td, and a few dropped passes.

Total yards for L.C. was 517

For Smyrna it was 248.

Both teams made a ton of mistakes, and L.C.'s kick coverage on punts and kickoff's needs a lot of work and I'm sure that it will get it this week.

What can you say about Chanze Bryson, that kid is one heck of a ballplayer.

It seemed that Smyrna started almost possesion in L.C. territory, although they didn't, but they definitely had excellent starting field position all night.

Smyrna started drives on the L.C. 24, L.C.21, L.C.37,L.C.39, L.C.38, and 4 other possesions started at their 42 or better. The L.C. defense played an excellent game.

Smyrna should be proud of the way their kids played, they were bigger than L.C. and were about as fast, if not faster in some positions.

Wolke is the real deal at Q.b., but i think that when the game was on the line Michael Edmiston really showed his true colors and came through with several clutch throws and runs.

I'm emotionally drained and wore out, i'm going to bed! :D

Yeah BigD several times tonight Gregory hit the holes flat footed and stopped before any contact was even made!And several times he ran right at the sideline instead of at an angle to gain yards!Reminds me of Eddie George!

Officiating might have been decent but there were alot of no calls towards the Smyrna side!I saw a ton of holding by them that was never called!I know I am not the only one who saw that!Let me hear from the rest of you guys!

Yeah BigD several times tonight Gregory hit the holes flat footed and stopped before any contact was even made!And several times he ran right at the sideline instead of at an angle to gain yards!Reminds me of Eddie George!

I remember that play when he ran straight to the sidelines! I actually had to just laugh at that one :D I don't know, maybe we can get him some mojo juice or something to make him stop tipping and take off with a full burst of speed!

Yea, I saw the holding calls you were referring to, but still thought the game was called decent.

[both teams made a ton of mistakes, and L.C.'s kick coverage on punts and kickoff's needs a lot of work and I'm sure that it will get it this week.

What can you say about Chanze Bryson, that kid is one heck of a ballplayer.

None of us pointed out how our kick and punt coverage stunk up the house! Good post Statman!

I said it in a post earlier this week; Chanze Bryson doesn’t get the credit he deserves! He is a gamer! He can play on my team any day!