Brighton upsets Obion

charger fan

Plain and simple,Obion got outcoached.Brighton had a much better game plan and executed it to perfection.They had several key players out the first game that made the difference.Ball control was the name of the game.Still this group of seniors at Obion Central has brought respectability to a program that has had very little.They have lit a torch for the younger Rebels to carry on which I fully expect them to do.Best of luck to the Cardinals and Chargers.I hope to see one of them represent 7-3A at the 'boro.To any OC senior who might read this,I think I speak for every Rebel fan when I say;THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by rebfan65

Way to go Brighton! I don't think Obion give yall the credit yall deserve. We look foward to playing yall next week. We know yall are not the same team we played earlier this year. I was looking foward to playing Obion at home but you guys took care of them. How did yall stop that RB #2 from Obion?

Do you want to know what all it matters is we beat ya'll on our home turf!!! :D And i think we took care of ya'll we ya'll came in all cocky thinking that we are just a breeze well we surprised ya'll :rolleyes: .And by the way about getting advise about brian that explains how much ya'll couldn't stop him when he ran past ya'll. So as a non-charger fan I hope Brighton beats ya'll.

Rebebabe_51 you are right we sure didn't stop Brian. I see you are a Covington hater, you can like who you want. Obion had a good group of seniors and I thought they would do well in the playoffs. One thing I will say is Obion taught us a lesson, we wont take Brighton lightly. Good luck next year and maybe we can pay yall back for loss. :rolleyes:

rebebabe, I was just wondering if you would trade the win against Covington for a win in the 2nd round of the playoffs against Brighton. I assume you wouldn't since you said all that matters is that the Rebels beat Covington in Troy.

Please don't judge all Obion County Fans by Rebelbabe51's comments. Those of us who know football would trade all the wins over the past 10 years for a win against Brighton last Friday night. Yeah, beating Covington was a big step in the right direction for the program, but it was hardly the high point of the season. We realize that Brighton came to play ball Friday night and basically took it to us. They deserve the credit for doing what they needed to do to win. Hats off to them. Good luck to all the teams still playing.

By the Way- If OC and Covington had both won, the game would have been in Troy, not Covington. But, if IFs & BUTs were candy & nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Edited by PowerSet