anyone planning on going to MTSU?

demonchild

Attendence at the LA Lafayette game was so low because of the weather (and the fact that the record is so bad). Another attendence problem is the student base. It is correct that our enrollment recently surpassed UTK's, but only about 5,000 of the 20,000+ students live on campus. The "Suitcase Campus" syndrome keeps attendence down.

I'd say that MTSU's program is on the upswing, it's just that the quarterback doesn't match the offense. It's simlar to the situation in the 1999 season at Ezell-Harding. Newly arrived Coach Scott Smith brought with him a brilliant plan for the spread offense (the so-called "fun and gun") in his first year, but the available talent was better suited for the 33, 34 lead every play rather than the no-huddle offense. Some of you might remember that the quarterback was also all-region defensive-end (I think). You need somone that can think on his feet (the smarter the better). The correllation to MTSU 2003: quarterback Andrico Hines (a JUCO transfer) has a great arm but cannot come to the line without a huddle and call his own plays. Hopefully, as Andy Mac's recruits come through the system, they will know the system well enough to put it into practice.

As long as you like five wide-outs and sixty yard touchdown passes, MTSU is the place to go in the next few years.

And watch out Sunbelt defenses (as if they are reading this)--This year's HS playoffs tell you what average to good (nothing personal) players can do with a potent no-huddle offense.

Edited by mp1115

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTSU is a good football program. Middle has a very good coaching staff and Murfesboro is a good city to live in. They have good athletes but are just lacking the great ones. I think when they start winning the close ones they will get even better players. Did anyone see the Missouri game?? the lost in OT but were winning almost all game. MTSU right now could beat half of the teams that blueboy mentioned on his list.

This year they have lost a lot of close games. It was 2 or 3 years ago when they went 8-3 in D-1. They had players like Wes Counts( Oakland,High shcool) Dwone Hicks( Titans-Heisman candiate) Kendall Newson( i think NFL EUROPE) and everyone knows who Tyrone Calico is. I hope that Middle could get more players from Tennessee to play for them.MTSU was having 20,000+ fans at the games.

Now I could see if UT offered you a scolarship, but I think that MTSU would be the next best team in Tennessee. In 2001 and 2002 MTSU beat Vandy in Nashville.

Why do you think many good Tennessee football players aren't that intrested in MTSU???

I have 2 sisters the go to MTSU and all her friends love their team and their school.They go to all the games and even sometimes on the long roadtrips.

I think MTSU will contiue to improve and become an even better football program :lol: !!!

I also dont think that you wouldn't talk so badly about your own school???

I think it is comical to say MTSU could beat half the teams on the previous list. A few years ago they played pretty well...but the last 2 years they have been horrible. They got beat last year at home by SEMO. The home crowds have been dismal. They have never had a good following. They did beat Vandy (not a big feat) and did play a few teams close...but still lost. It does seem they are at a crossroads. If the NCAA mandates a mininum attendance for home games (it has been discussed)...it does not appear they can stay in division I.

Edited by Antwan

does anyone know if MTSU puts on any summer camps??if so any information would be appreciated cause i would be interested.

thanx

They used to have the best QB camp in the state, but I don't know if they still do. My oldest son went to it five years in a row and he loved it!

I believe that MTSU has a lineman camp, 7 on 7 passing league, Boots Donnely longs snapping camp, Speed camp and kicking camp.

And I still believe that MSTU on a good day or night could beat a lot of those teams on that list.

They haven't had many of those good days in the last two years. They have had many bad ones like the loss to 1AA powerhouse Florida Atlantic (Valdosta State beat them 45-17). It appears they are headed backward instead of forward.