Herndon Vs. Williams

GBT57

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....just a bit of history

Last year when Marshall Co. played Crockett there were two players up for the Mr. Football Lineman award. D'Juan Love for Crockett Co. and Nick Fender for Marshall Co. The score was 45-0 Crockett and D'Juan ended up witht the Mr. Football Trophy. So it looks like history supports your statement GBT57...

I believe friday night will play a huge role. Not only because of going head to head, but the team that goes to the next round gives their finalist an opportunity to rack up some more yards. Man this is going to be an awesome game. A lot of drama with a lot at stake. How do you think Herndon and Williams feel!!! WOW! :lol:

Info from the Tennessean

Mid Tennesse Scoring Leaders

1 Michael Wilmore Smith Co. 30 0 0 0 180

2. Roger Herndon Greenbrier 29 0 0 0 174

3. Cutler Robertson David Lipscomb 22 1 32 1 169

4. Josh Gregory Lincoln Co. 28 0 0 0 168

5. Jake Nunley Coffee Co. 23 0 0 1 140

Mid Tennessee Rushing Leaders

1. Jake Nunley Coffee Co. 258 2064 23 1

2. Cedric Wilkerson Northwest 227 2028 21 0

3. Michael Wilmore Smith Co. 297 1905 30 0

4. Roger Herndon Greenbrier 238 1833 25 0

5. Chris Wooden DCA 208 1648 20 0

This is from someone who has seen both players in action and on film. Both played against our team. At least against us there was no contest. Herndon had a great day against our D and we almost shut Williams down. I do not see Herndon stopped by the Cav's defense...especially the way Page's backs ran right at them. A 5 man def line is not going to stop Herndon in the wing T....and Herndon is lightning fast.. Williams is very tough, but if he can't turn the corner GB def will hold him in check. Again this is not scientific by any means...but against us Herndon was much better.

Crockett County returns 11 starters, including running back Earnest Williams, who ran for 1,500 yards last season with 16 touchdowns.

That is a quote from the Jackson Son. I am sure that he has that or more this year....

Bulldog, CC may have had a tough, with the Page runners, but i don't think that GB has the run/pass offense like Page did. That would make it hard for anyone to defend. B) When you can focus on one thing it is easier to do than two.

Edited by cbk03