Huntingdon35 Lewis6

anonymousballer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hohenwald kept it close till the end of the 3rd Q (14-0). Panther offense never seemed to find its groove. Had a little success near the end when they started running some counter/draw type plays, but they waited too long to start doing it. Huntingdon's defense way too fast for Lewis County to try and pound it at'em.

this game was one of the worst officiated games i've ever witnessed. huntingdon pulled it out.. but i have the most disrespect for the LC team of all the teams i've watched this year.. they had no class.. there were several times i saw them do things like push a players head down to the ground.. or throw in a cheap shot here or there.. the refs couldnt do everything for the panthers though.. they're defense wasn't too bad.. but their offense was terrible.. other than a few plays.. it seemed like huntingdon knew what they were doing before they did it.. great job by the coaching staff of huntingdon.

this game was one of the worst officiated games i've ever witnessed. huntingdon pulled it out.. but i have the most disrespect for the LC team of all the teams i've watched this year.. they had no class.. there were several times i saw them do things like push a players head down to the ground.. or throw in a cheap shot here or there.. the refs couldnt do everything for the panthers though.. they're defense wasn't too bad.. but their offense was terrible.. other than a few plays.. it seemed like huntingdon knew what they were doing before they did it.. great job by the coaching staff of huntingdon.

Sorriest officials I have ever seen and I don't know a lot about football. Besides the ref's, some of the LC players were taking cheap shots at Mustangs who went out on the home side of the field. And lets not forget the LC fan who thought it ok to throw something at a Mustang when he went out on that side of the field after making a big gain. You've really got a lot to be proud of, Lewis County.

The fan threw a yellow flag out onto the field and it hit right beside one of our players. It wasn't even close to any Hunt. players. It just depends on where u were sitting of what you saw. I saw people from both sides of the ball taking cheap shots if thats what u wanna call it. Its football. Every player does some kind of shot like that whether big or small. Our players have alot of respect for Hunt. I could say that have no respect for Huntingdon because of stuff i seen them do, but i know its football and it happens. But I'm not gonna sit here and say that. Both teams had respect for each other tonight. Both had class.

If you are referring to the call when Bell was tackled close to the goal line, they called Bell for taunting. He just kinda tosses the ball in the direction of the Lewis county player and the ref threw the flag. The worst call was on the goal line when the side judge signaled touchdown but the referee signaled 4th down, the side judge is suppose to make that call.

thanks for filling me in.. i didnt have a good view because it was at an odd angle to where i was.. when the refs didnt know where to spot the kickoff after the roughing the kicker penalty was the other major screwup.. that was ridiculous.. what kept happening on the extra point attempt after the second TD?

I believe in being humble in victory and gracious in defeat, I wish others would follow that mantra.

First off, congratulations to Huntingdon. Although the Panthers did a good job containing Bell until the fourth quarter, Weathers was a back breaker. Just too many weapons and too much speed. Also, although I had naturally heard a lot about your skill people, I thought #80 was a true hoss and was the biggest factor in the game. He disruppted so much of what we tried to do on offense, quite a player and quite a specimen.

I spoke with a couple of our police officers a few minutes ago and they were telling me that they thought the Huntingdon fans were some of the nicest fans they had dealt with in a long time, not only after the win but before the game as well. That speaks volumes about your program and fans in general. I also thought they were good fans and very vocal for their team..

The "thing" thrown at a Huntingdon player which was alledged earlier was NOT thrown at your player. It was one of our nitwit fans in the student section who tried to impress his friends by tossing a homemade penalty flag down on the field where the referee had just tossed a flag as well. As for being low class, please don't judge an entire community and program by the actions of some kook. He was immeidately taken from the stands by our security and tossed out of the stadium.

I also think you are terribly overstating the late hits on our sidelines. I was on that same sideline all night and didn't see what you alledge and never saw any altercation by either team. There were a couple of hard hits, one when Bell and our Dustin Skelton collided.... there was some trash talking but nothing demeaning nor inciting. I thought both teams played with a lot of emotion and a lot of class and would sincerely desire that all of us who post on this site would try and follow that same example.

As for the officiating, yep, it was horrible... But insinuating that they were trying to "help" us is quite a stretch. Did you know that we had a player ejected for running into the kicker? There was never any signal of such and it was never indicated until after the fact so we were taking more grief on our side than what you knew about. But, I will agree that Huntingdon got a lot of penalties and as usual, I find it absolutely incredible that this is the best that the TSSAA could find for a third round playoff game.

Anyways, let's try and keep it witing the realms of good sportsmanship. The best team won, we had a great year and I am very proud of Lewis County playing a tough game against a far more naturally talented team. Good luck to the Mustangs in your rematch with Milan.