LINCOLN COUNTY FALCONS

smokeymon

To the seniors: Thanks guys for 3 years of great memories and great games. Ya'll have come such a LONG way from those junior high days. I know it hurts to lose when you've come so close to winning it all, but there's no reason to hang your heads. 12-1 is a great record, and regular season couldn't have gotten any better, 10-0 is perfect. I hope to see some of the seniors playing college ball somewhere because they have the heart to make it at the next level.

:justwrestle: GREAT SEASON FALCONS! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL! YOU GAVE IT YOUR ALL ON EACH AND EVERY DOWN. YOU WILL STILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BETTER TEAMS THAT GRACED THE FIELD AT THE "PIT".

MICHAEL EDMISTON AND LAMAR DIVENS MR FOOTBALL FOR CLASS 5A!

Edited by Big D.

I would also like to say, THANKS for a very memoriable season.

I've been present at every single scrimmage, camp scrimmages, and game that these great group of young men has had since in the spring, and last night was the first time that they have lost a contest, and of course it came at the very worst time it could have. We just did not play our best game last night, and that was about it.

It is so discusting to sit there and watch the other team with 90+ players dressed out, with depth out the wazu, take out two or three players and lose nothing with the subs. and you look down and we have maybe 45, (but, I guess that's about right when comparing the size difference of the two schools), while so many of our kids have to go both ways, but they never quit, and everyone is proud of that. You have given this small community something to look forward on Friday nights again and I for one really appreciate that.

Thanks Again!

I agree completely with you statman! Many of our beloved Falcons had to play both ways and put all their heart, soul, and energy into this season. It won't be forgotten. Hold your heads up high, The football just wasn't bouncing our way tonight. You all gave it your all and that's all that matters to us. Your effort and determination not to roll over won over not only all of us falcon faithful, but the mass majority of the fans, opponents or otherwise, that saw you play this season. I haven't heard of any other team doing that this year or any other year in recent times. Everyone will remember the fight you all put forth, and it will carry over into the Falcons to come. The younger players have grown stronger from this as have you seniors. The entire community, county, and much of the state respects and admires you for what you accomplished and how it was accomplished. Thanks for showing the rest of the state how CLASS can be a part of football. Thanks again for a great season! :)

We'll be back....I'm sure of it!

I just wanted y'all to see a post on another thread:

QUOTE (region4fan @ Nov 22 - 04:29 PM)

I am really sorry for the Falcons and especially sad for the wonderful Falcon fans that I have come to love and look forward to hearing from on Coacht. No one can ever take away the facts that you guys had the only undefeated season in 5A in 2003. No one can take away the fact that you broke Riverdale's home winning streak at Tomahawk.No one can take the fact away that you beat ALL the Boro schools in the regular season! No one can can take away that you have not one, but two Mr Football Nominees. No one can take away the number of fans that packed your stadium and opponents stadiums to cheer you on. No one can take away the admiration that fans from other schools have for you and your breath-taking talent and big plays. Right now you are hurting. Everyone knows that......but later......enjoy those fabulous memories. I know that I will never forget those fabulous Falcons of 2003, led by the ELUSIVE Michael Edmiston. You gave Kelly Holcomb a run for his money and title! GOD Bless all of you in Fayetteville!

Region4fan, thanks for all of the kind and thoughtful words here. We are sad, but we do have many wonderful things to remember about the 2003 season. Our guys played with such heart and gave us such thrills all season. We as fans owe so much to our players, coaches, announcers, statmen, administration, teachers and families of the players. It was a great time to bring the community together in a positive fashion and enjoy good, wholesome entertainment. All of you have given us something to talk about for a long time. :angry:

I, too, will miss the friendships made here on CoachT. Isn't it funny how we feel that we know each other just because we've read each other's posts? :) It's been fun trying to guess who the Falcon posters are and to eventually figure out a few of you. Thanks, CoachT, for giving us a place to come to share ideas and thoughts and to relieve some of the tension and excitement of the week.

Hopefully, we as posters have given our guys a glimpse of healthy competition. It's refreshing to see how we can be competitors during the week and then fans of the same team that beat us as they go on in the playoffs.

And at the end of the day, we can walk away knowing that we have something good to hold in our hearts.

Love ya CoachT friends and all the Falcons!

FalconMama

Region4fan,

Thank you for your kind words. You are a class act.

We are still hurting in Fayetteville today, but your thoughtful post was very comforting; and I am sure the rest of the Falcon Fans on here feel the same.

You are a wonderful therapist!!

Good luck to Riverdale and to Franklin next week. Let's keep the "Big Gold Ball" in Middle Tennessee.