WHO IS THE BEST SHOOTER IN WEST TN.?

rebeldawg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jvaughan, I'll be there tonight to watch West Carroll run the floor. Thing about West Carroll is when they get into foul trouble not very deep on the bench. But that is about the same as Greenfield. No bench. For Greenfield to win tonight they need to keep some big players down in the paint to get the rebounds for they won't be making trips down the front without making points. For West Carroll to win, Take care of the ball and press early. Rebound and don't make alot of turnovers. Nunber one when the season started but after week one. Big Drop.

Rating doesn't mean a thing when you drop game early and you have players out.

I don't believe it would be wise to press Greenfield. There are too many good ballhandlers on the team. Jeremy Smith is an excellent ballhandler, as is Brandon Shane. Clint Blackburn was a little shaky at times last year, but his ballhandling has improved greatly this summer. He handled the ball brilliantly last night (against a very pesky Dyer Co. defense), with an injured finger that was obviously bothering him. Then you have Brett Reynolds and Dan Blackburn who handle the ball pretty well also. And Thomas Galey, for a post player, handles the ball pretty well.

Depth was not a problem last night. In a very quick, fast-paced game Greenfield substituted very little. Smith, Reynolds, C. Blackburn, Shane, and Galey played almost all of the game.

Your right about ratings, they don't mean anything. Greenfield proved that last year.

FWIW: Watched WC lose to Camden in the HHS Jamboree, 34-29, and it wasn't even that close. Camden up 21-14 at half & kind of cruised. The WC big man seemed to get into foul trouble, may have been the refs kind of looking for him...

It will be interesting to see what happens v/s Greenfield. :)

I saw West Carroll also in the jamboree play Camden. The two white boys from Camden play like grown men. They took WC to school. Camden will make a good run this year for the State in 2A. WC has a couple of big players and just like always they can put up the 3's. Tall lanky player in the middle that gets the rebound when needed. If Greenfield has a player that can play in the paint all night long and not get moved outside they will have a chance. WC is to tall for Greenfield tonight. Got to get the big guy into foul trouble to win.

I tell you what monsterman. If you want to go there then I will make it easy for you. I will hold up a sign to let you know who I am so you can back up what you are putting out. Or maybe you will set there in the student area. All talk and no action. Now back to tonights game Greenfield vs. West Carroll

Best team with Post players wins the Game. West Carroll has two big inside players that can run and score and get rebounds. Shane and Blackburn will have to step it up a notch to contain both the inside and the outside. Good luck to both teams.