Clinic Bowl

dan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible job by Fisher! Started out with a great game this season and ended it on a very good note! Was very impressed. Congratulations to MBA... as you dominated the game tonight, you dominate the Super 7. This MBA team was special. I'm glad I was able to see them play once.

BA- I have to admit. Something about tonight made me relapse into an Eagle football fan. I don't know what it was, but deep down, I was pulling for BA. I guess that I just won't be able to ever break my connection with the BA football team. Y'all are a great team, too, and have nothing to be down about... being second to this MBA team is a great feat.

Only complaint I have tonight was the scattered boos from the MBA side of the field (not going to say MBA crowd because no doubt, there were other people there) when Coach Flatt was awarded the coach's plaque. Makes no sense to me how one can boo him... he's a great coach.

Dan,

You said "I will never forget about how Coach Moore was treated...no one at MBA will. I am still hot about it. Wes, give me a break, about students taunting. The holier than though attitude from a lot of BA people I know makes me want to puke. This was a great win by MBA. "

Amen, Amen, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes,

Most of us are tired of compliments like "great game" always followed by a jab from Brentwood people. There are plenty of fine gentlemen that attend schools everywhere; they are not all at Brentwood. Believe it or not, MBA and Brentwood students are not special; they just have a special opportunity to be at special schools.

The "Excuses, Excuses" banner proudly displayed in your student section showed a complete lack of class on your institution's behalf. I am shocked that Masters allowed it to stay up.

Your boys had a great season by anyone's standards. Congratulations Brentwood on yet another excellent year.

The "Excuses, Excuses" banner proudly displayed in your student section showed a complete lack of class on your institution's behalf. I am shocked that Masters allowed it to stay up.

I think I have to agree here. I thought the "excuses, excuses" sign wasn't very classy. But being that I've had to put up with signs such as that from BHS folk for a couple years now, I'm starting to think maybe it just runs in the water in Brentwood. :D I'm joking...

While it might not have been classy, it's just part of the fun. "You're time has run out" from the MBA side wasn't too classy either but I tell ya, I got a big kick out of both signs being an unbiased observer (of the crowd, again, I was pulling for the BA team).

my take is that everyone needs to lighten up a bit here...I don't find either sign offensive...it's just kids having fun. That's not mean or insulting IMO....Some of the signs between MBA and Father Ryan were lots worse than that back in the day (and I loved it!!)

today at Michigan we chanted to OSU..."Houston's better!"

Wes,

Most of us are tired of compliments like "great game" always followed by a jab from Brentwood people.  There are plenty of fine gentlemen that attend schools everywhere; they are not all at Brentwood.  Believe it or not, MBA and Brentwood students are not special; they just have a special opportunity to be at special schools.

The "Excuses, Excuses" banner proudly displayed in your student section showed a complete lack of class on your institution's behalf.  I am shocked that Masters allowed it to stay up. 

Your boys had a great season by anyone's standards.  Congratulations Brentwood on yet another excellent year.

FlyBy, your post disappoints me solely because I think you know me well enough to be sure that I have no "holier-than-thou" attitude and that I admire Montgomery Bell Academy for being a fine school. You take my statement out of context, as I suppose should be expected on a message board.

I'll leave it at this: MBA won the game tonight because they were the better team, bar none. I should not have brought up the mild taunting from the MBA fans despite the fact that I was disappointed in their actions. Instead, I should have smiled and avoided the subject altogether, not because it dilutes my respect of MBA (it doesn't), but because it would appear to do so in the eyes of a few others. Also, let me assure you that I didn't see BA's signs -- if I had I would have commented on those as well. I am not so deeply biased as to avoid acknowledgement of truth when I see it. I'm sorry that my words were easy to misinterpret as being jealous or bitter. They weren't, because I'm not.

Thanks for holding me accountable to my words. Others can vouch for the fact that I have nothing but respect for (and nothing more than a rival's distaste of) MBA.

Edited by WesVols

Awesome, dominating performance by the Big Red tonight. Fisher was just incredible. Better players, better coaching...just the better team overall. Congratulations, MBA on a well deserved win. I guess going 1-1 against one of the best teams in the country isn't too bad. I will say I do feel badly for the Eagle seniors especially. 0-4 in Clinic Bowls is a tough life lesson for these kids.

As for as taunting, signs, etc.: big deal, these are high school kids, and that stuff just happens. It's really very innocent in the grand scheme of things. As for the players on the field there was nothing but class and dignity on both sides. Exactly what I love about DII football. We'll play MBA anytime, anywhere, in anything, and I guarantee you it will be at a high level and very respectful on the field. We fans in the stands are at best a sideshow...the real winners are on both sides of the field...especiallly on MBA's side tonight!!

P.S.: Wait 'til basketball. We're gonna kill ya!! :D

Edited by itzme

Wes,

Most of us are tired of compliments like "great game" always followed by a jab from Brentwood people.  There are plenty of fine gentlemen that attend schools everywhere; they are not all at Brentwood.  Believe it or not, MBA and Brentwood students are not special; they just have a special opportunity to be at special schools.

The "Excuses, Excuses" banner proudly displayed in your student section showed a complete lack of class on your institution's behalf.  I am shocked that Masters allowed it to stay up. 

Your boys had a great season by anyone's standards.  Congratulations Brentwood on yet another excellent year.

FlyBy, your post disappoints me solely because I think you know me well enough to be sure that I have no "holier-than-thou" attitude and that I admire Montgomery Bell Academy for being a fine school. You take my statement out of context, as I suppose should be expected on a message board.

I'll leave it at this: MBA won the game tonight because they were the better team, bar none. I should not have brought up the mild taunting from the MBA fans despite the fact that I was disappointed in their actions. Instead, I should have smiled and avoided the subject altogether, not because it dilutes my respect of MBA (it doesn't), but because it would appear to do so in the eyes of a few others. Also, let me assure you that I didn't see BA's signs -- if I had I would have commented on those as well. I am not so deeply biased as to avoid acknowledgement of truth when I see it. I'm sorry that my words were easy to misinterpret as being jealous or bitter. They weren't, because I'm not.

Thanks for holding me accountable to my words. Others can vouch for the fact that I have nothing but respect for (and nothing more than a rival's distaste of) MBA.

Nice, Wes. You are redeemed! BTW, saw you tonite...orange is your color!

Itzme,

"As for the players on the field there was nothing but class and dignity on both sides. Exactly what I love about DII football. We'll play MBA antime, anywhere in anything, and I guarantee you it will be at a high level and very respectful on the field. We fans in the stands are at best a sideshow...the real winners are on both sides of the field...especiallly on MBA's side tonight!!"

Very Well Said!

Congrats again!!!!!!!