How bout them BGA wildcats

Prime Time

Yeah, I suppose BA isn't any good either; they lost in the Clinic Bowl. Lincoln County stinks; they couldn't get past the third round. If Maryville loses, all will have been for naught.

As shocked as I am to feel compelled to come to AusDan's defense, I'm going to do so. I think it was valid to point to the schedule to question how the Irish would handle a huge game, but don't discount the results they achieved. A twelve-game winning streak is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of the competition. Plus, they were utterly dominant in many of these contests.

People wouldn't have been picking Catholic to win if they hadn't come down to Franklin and gotten the job done in October. To act like they didn't even belong on the same field yesterday is ridiculous and a disservice to the 'Cats' great effort.

AusDan and the rest of the Irish, I know it was a tough loss and a rough way to end the year, but you guys deserve to be proud of your season. I hope Daniel's feeling better.

GO 'CATS!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to have to disagree with you on that one, lets look at the schedule:

Gatlingburg - Pittman

Hampton

Father Ryan

JP2

Chuckey Doak

Notre Dame

Wartburg

BGA

North Green

Webb

Out of these 10 teams, they only played 2 teams that has any ability, BGA and Webb. They beat BGA the first time around, but when they played them in the Clinic Bowl, they didnt show any "greatest" that your talking about. They beat Webb, but they were having a down season.

They had a good season, but who did they play? Nobody, all of the teams except BGA didnt have a winning season, and I havent even heard of 7 of these teams before looking at the schedule. A "great" football team is able to win it all, not lose their last game, especially the clinic bowl.

Da Cheese,

As posted earlier, the boys have nothing to do with the schedule. They looked every bit as good as BGA did, they were just some breaks for one team that didn't fall the way of the other. BGA executed to perfection, especially on the TD at th end of the first half. A coverage breakdown and bam, touchdown. Great play by them. Catholic had chances to pull this one out, such as the non-conversion on 4th and goal at the one, and Karl was a beast. After watching the game, Dack proved to be a very good QB, and Daniel looked like one of the best receivers I have seen this year. (Daniel, you are the best receiver in Knox and Blount Counties, in my opinion, and yes, that includes Tyler Gaskin and Maryville) Austin, you showed more heart than any player from either team, I mean, you played awesome. On the other side of the ball, I thought when Bentley was in he controlled any guy(s) BGA threw at him, and the line for Catholic is a tough group. BGA had some big weapons on offense, with Karl showing how he is one of the best RB's in Tennessee, as well as some underrated receivers and quarterback. The linebacker (# 57?) that lined up way outside for the counters and options of Catholic played great against McFadden and really limited some runs that had the potential of being HUGE. Anyway, great seasons for two great teams. And Da Cheese, please refrain from posting anything negative about Catholic. I think they proved they are one of the best teams in Knoxville, and 12-1, no matter what the competition, is a great record, and if Pemberton hangs around at Catholic, they could be the best Knoxville private for a long time.