Giles County Lady Bobcats

sds2004

jnt79, for the 3rd time, I have as much respect as anyone for our girls basketball program! I appreciate what they've done in the past for the athletic program including their two state championships and a couple of runner-ups. I'm not bashing anyone! I'm simply stating the opinion, that they are going to have to earn respect in order to get respect! They played a great game against Columbia, but once again they lost a game that could've easily been won! They made dumb mistakes, but i feel that they will bounce back! When they start winning these type of overtime thrillers then they will regain their suppport! I don't understand why we're still arguing over this! I mean do u even go to our school?

LEBRON WHO?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Willyp, I know that your last post was directed to jnt79, but i thought that my last post would end all this. As I stated previously, we all know how everyone else feels. Have enough respect for each other to let them have their own opinion...even if it is different from yours. Now, I started all this crap; so I'm gonna end it. Again, we all know how one another feels about this topic. THAT IS ALL!

• 2 weeks later...

I get hype for the girls games, but something just isn't right about teasing and making fun of a young lady. It's different with men, but women shouldn't receive the same type of insults and heckles. (Although I'm sure there are womens lobbiers who argue women and men should receive the same treatment - even if it is bad treatment)

Also, one of the reasons I like to get hype for the girls game is because they play crisp clean basketball. I love watching a PG go to work on a defense, or a 6'8 (although a 6'8 girl is a little too scary for me) C backing down a smaller opponent before finishing with a nice jump hook or dishing out for a mid-range jumper. I love old school style hoops. People pay to see dunks, but old school fundamentals and defense wins championships, as my boy tcross so aptly put it.

Imagine a GCHS game where dunking was outlawed? Now that would be weird. I think it promotes better basketball however, maybe I feel this way because I'm on the short side and can't jump over a rope. But I dunno. I just know that I cheer for the girls, although I don't sling the insults and heckle the players and coaches like I do for the guys game.

After all, there are just as many people in the seats during the girls games as during the guys. (Cept for the end of the guys cuz the other team's fans usually make an - EARLY EXIT)

I cheer for the Cats and Lady Cats because I love my school. I don't always agree with the policies, but for the most part everything is good. sds are you sugguesting that we form a line and chant get on my level as the girls run out during warmups? Because we clap and cheer and occasionally chant for the girls (situation permitting) but we don't do all of the un-gentlemenly like things that we do during the guys games for the girls.

No, wneeley, I'm not saying that we should do that. I believe orginally, I said we should give the girl's respect...i.e. not pushing them out of the way to line up for the boys, and not chanting "one more minute" while they were still playing. That was quite a while ago now, at the Lawrence County game, which I don't think you attended, so the original post wasn't aimed toward you. And since then, I haven't heard any of the girls complaining about these things, so obviously they have gotten better. Also, as the girls are winning more games, more people seem to be cheering and clapping. So for the last time, I consider this case closed!