Pickett County Puts Down Rangers

krichunaka

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not taking anything away from the Pickett team because they were a very good team, but I do have a couple of questions....1. Are the referees always that biased against all the teams that Pickett plays? 2. If Pickett played on a neutral court against Unaka, do you think Pickett would win by as many points as they did Saturday night? 3. We were told that Pickett had a lot of "homecooking" when it came to getting all the calls, my question is, has pickett wondered how it would feel to play somewhere and blatantly get the shaft. This wasn't only in the boys but also in the girls game. Comments anyone!!!??????

Heard from others Pickett played very well and Unaka didn't play as well as they could or should have. The way it sounded the referrees sat on GO to call Technicals over any comment or action made towards a call but didn't seem as if they were quite as strick with Pickett. Just what I heard.

Anyone who watches Pickett ball over the years knows they don't get any favors from the officials. In the fourth quarter a Unaka guard fouled Bailey 3 times in a row right in front of the official. They missed calls all weekend. The crowd was screaming for a foul, but the official ignored it. He was the same guy who kept adding time onto the clock at the end of a playoff game when the Pickett girls beat Celina until Celina finally "won". When the Unaka guard grabbed Bailey for the 4th time, Bailey pushed him off and then of course a foul was called. Officials also call games closer in Middle TN than in East TN where sometimes it looks like a football game. Another time Luke Mason was shoved to the floor right in front of an official and nothing was called. There were a lot of walks ignored too. Both teams had to play with poor officiating, not just Unaka.

The officiating was bad but let's face it we got beat, plain and simple. I'm not so sure that Shaq and the Lakers could have beaten Pickett Co. Saturday. And yes, they do have some fine players besides Bailey. If our kids work hard I sure another opportunity will await them down the road against Pickett.

If they continue to shoot like that they might want to keep the fire departement on standby.