West Tennessee's top players

Bellamy from Westview.....with her height and quickness, she's unstoppable in the post (and she can shoot the mid-range jumper as well).....she just hasn't quite realized it yet, but i think it started to register against Obion Co. last night...they had no answer for her.....once she starts to realize her talent, there will only be domination :o ....that goes for next season too.......and the next :o

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that someone on here was talking about how their 'vote' would not go to Richardson from Bradford because she plays very little defense, that may be true, but you cannot tell me that Crystal Eason plays any either. She lags off, maybe because they rely on her so much on offense, and just slaps at the nearest person to her. My vote would go to Bailey at Dresden, but since she is hurt the race is wide open.

That was probably me talking about Richardson not playing much defense. I haven't seen Eason play, so I don't know about her defense, but you are not the first person I have heard say that she doesn't play defense.

I think a lot of times, girls (or boys) that are relied on for scoring like Richardson and Eason, only practice offense and don't take defense seriously enough. And yes, they probably do wear down a little from the team leaning on them to score. But, the defensive end is where you'll see who has heart. Anyone can work hard on offense, you get all the glory when you score - you get your name in the paper, the PA calls your name, etc. But on defense, you don't get that recognition, so its easy to slack off a little.

That's one thing Bailey has over these two, she plays on both ends like it's the last time she's going to step on the floor. There aren't a lot of players who work as hard as she does at all times.

My vote for the best A player in West TN is Crystal Eason of Scotts Hill.SH has a good team besides her so her numbers aren't as high as Meredith Richardson of Bradford.The difference is that Scotts Hill's chances at a title are good while Bradford will be lucky if they win 40% of their games.USJ may be even better than Scotts Hill as they won the first matchup of the year.

Nancy Baker @ Jackson Southside is a solid combo gaurd that can score, but has to carry the load of running the team. She suffers from a young inexperienced coach and two starters injured the 1st half of the season. She's only a sophomore and is one of the best in AA.

I was wondering about Tami Dotson? Haven't heard much on her...played ball this summer with her..pretty good shooter...what is up there?

Tami was injured during volleyball season and had surgery on here ankle. The skills and talents she has will only give the team upside. She's such an athlete that she dosen't allow here body to rest from one season to next. I also fill the young coach pressures her to much and dosen't allow here to play here game.