East Tennessee AAA Rankings

chill

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. Red Bank is average at best. Brainerd beat a Science Hill team that would lose by double digits to Hilltopper teams of the past. No offense but Brainerd nor Science Hill are really worthy of distinction at least right now. I expect that could change since both are perennially near the top of the East......

I agree completely BeachVol. Everyone is underestimating Maryville this year and I think they will steal some games this year while playing the underdog role. Tipton is poised to have a great season and with Gaskin and Hodge coming back from football I dont see why not.

Tip came home pumped last night. He was in a very good mood because the boys were back for the first day. They have the rest of the week open with three games next week. I think you will see an immediate noticeable difference. Not only from Gaskin and Hodge, but a couple of more guys are going to help. This should also help our young guys improve and build their confidence.

karns went into ot with maryville and beat them barly. so are you also calling maryville a joke? last time i checked, a win was a win. it doesn't matter how you do it, just as long as you get it done. karns only lost this year came from a-e. i haven't seen a team this year that could hit as many threes as karns hits. keep it up beavers.

PTP10- Clinton beat a young growing Powell team that had them down late. Clinton was glad to get out of there with that one. Powell will not be a top 3 team in the district or shouldnt be anyway. They are a good team but have to get lots better to win consistently.

Clinton, however, should be a top 3 team and should beat everyone that isnt as good easily. They didnt do that and probably wont unless things change. Watch and see who wins this Friday and then you can talk some smack. If ORs football players have their jumpers already then it may be a long one for you Dragons. But lets see you beat someone in the top 2 or 3 of a district first.

Karns is still learning its system and players. They are going to give teams absolute fits this year. By tourney time they could be the most dangerous. I havent seen what happens to them when the 3 doesnt fall for them, mainly because they are always hitting, but thats the only thing that would lose it for them.

Anybody in the district can surprise a team on a given night due to emotions and being high school kids, but beating a better than Powell Maryville team is nothing to laugh at.

karns went into ot with maryville and beat them barly. so are you also calling maryville a joke? last time i checked, a win was a win. it doesn't matter how you do it, just as long as you get it done. karns only lost this year came from a-e. i haven't seen a team this year that could hit as many threes as karns hits. keep it up beavers.

Karns hit 17 threes against us in the first game.

Jones 18, Fersner 21, Shipwash 21

For Maryville Tipton scored 38, Swank 17.

That game was played without football players. They're back.

See ya' Monday!