Community 49, Page 38

PageMan

Community 49 - Cortney Brothers 16, Casey Boyce 13, Latoya Morton 8, Lesley Layne 7, Jessica Jones 5

Page 38 - Meredith McCarville 10, Rebecca Reed 8, Nicole Bagsby 5, Brooke Long 5, Kayla Wilson 4, Ana Morton 4, Alison Harmon 2

Three Point Goals:

Community 4 (Boyce 2, Brothers, Layne)

Page 1 (Long)

Free Throws: Community 15 of 19, Page 3 of 4

Fouls: Community 9, Page 19

Turnovers: Community 22, Page 22

Page literally let this game slip through their fingers with 17 1st half turnovers as Community led at the half 26-11 with Brothers, Boyce, & Layne hitting threes. Page outscored Community in the 2nd half 27-23, but they could not overcome the half time lead by Community. McCarville scored all 10 of her points in the 4th qtr., but Community was able to convert 13 of 17 FT's in the 4th qtr to maintain their lead and take the win 49-38. The officiating by the young crew was simply terrible. Several calls were missed under the Page goal as evidenced by the 3 of 4 FT's on only two calls. But the officiating didn't lose the game for Page - It was the turnovers in the 1st half.

Edited by PageMan

I saw Community play in camp and they weren't much to look at, but I know that Brothers is a really good player. She is a solid guard with a lot of potential. She can pass it and shoot it well when she is on. Her ball handling skills have improved a lot and I am glad to see that. She should get some scholarship offers if she hasn't already. The only thing that may bring her down is her temper.... sometimes at herself and sometimes at others. It is good to be an emotional leader and that is what she is, but there is a fine line there. I have never seen her blow up to an extent where she crossed that line, but I have seen her come close in tight situations. She is a great player and I wish her the best. I will be following her successes; there will be many.

Unionville did not have all their players at camp. 2 starters were out all summer with injuries, and several of the upper classmen also were not there. You are talking about a whole different mix of kids for the season. They had an off night against Cascade, but they still have several good players and should improve, so don't count them out.