TSSAA

pujo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about my posts that get you MBA boys so fired up? To answer your questions / respond to your response...Why would someone who is attending MBA not attend Hillsboro? Who is saying that this phantom school would be known primarily as a football factory and not cherish and promote a higher standard of learning? Seems to me that there's already two too many privates in the Nashville Metro area who have that "football factory" label sewn up. All I was saying was that if the best players from Smyrna, Laverne, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Siegel were to decide to attend Rutherford Acadamy (has a nice ring, doesn't it?), a medium sized private school with an enrollment of around 450 young men and women, they would be a formiddable force in all athletic arenas. Even more so than the Rutherford county teams already are. Plus, they would be competing with, and most likely, beating the likes of MBA and BA. That's the competitive advantage. But you already knew that. You just didn't know you knew it until just now. A D-1 prospect is going to be found whether he or she is playing on an undefeated juggernaut or a dismal winless team.

Oh, I'm sure no one has ever chosen one private over another based solely on the strength of their football team. Forgive me for ever levying such an accusation. 

you're not getting it. The people in your "Tiger Woods" world are sending their kids to private schools in Nashville because they want to play for the best coaches. Hillsboro has in the last few years become a football power, which they weren't for most of the '80s and '90s. Why would these Tiger Woods families (motivated as you claim by athletics alone) not send their kids to the best coach in Ruth County (Rankin)?

if they're point of competition is education, then that changes everything; I'm all for it. But we football factories don't much care about readin' riting' and rithmatic.

Why would you think that there would be a need for a private school to be located near Riverdale, oakland { Rutherford Acdy.} I thought from reading many of the posts that the main complaint was that private schools get students { football players } from huge areas. So why would they need to open a new school close to those kids to get them to attend? I belive you are right though a private would need to be much closer to thses kids before they would consider attending.

There are 10 teams in their region. They must play the other nine. Their 10th game is against a 2A team, Loretto, which is a rivalry.

Thanks CoachT, I think its assumed that if a team is in 1A and wins alot of games, its because of weak competition. There is nothing weak about playing in a 10 team region and making the playoffs, or winning the region championship. You wont see a 4-6 team from 6 1-A make the playoffs. Some times our 6-4 teams dont make it. Man we need a split. A regional split.