TSSAA Officiating

Wildmanfan

The officials should have to answer to the coaches. Coaches should evaluate their performance after each game since they watch and review film after each game. Then maybe there would be a check and balance system. Something different needs to be tried because offiacials are beginning to determine outcomes of some games.

Viking, while your idea seems good on the surface, I think coaches evaluating officials is a bad idea. You start getting into the "buddy" system and all heck breaks loose. My oppinion is for the state to hire more supervisors for the associations. Make it a rule that each official is evaluated twice during the season by two different supervisors (either in person or film). This way officials can listen to corrective criticism and make changes accordingly. To do this.......the TSSAA must be willing to fork out the bucks. :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somewhat agree and I also somewhat disagree with what has been posted so far.

Bigwes -- I would almost bet you have never called a game in Marshall County for the simple reason we had a back to greak a 70 yard run and as one of the linemen was going down field to congratulate him a player from the opposing team slowed down runing in front of him and our player ran into him -- the touchdown was called back for a block in the back.

I will say this -- ref's are as human as myself and everyone else who post on here and if I recall I made a few mistakes today, luckily no one was hurt by any of them. I will say that missed calls will always be in the game, but my big gripe is plays where stupid calls are made. As in a defensive player intercepting a pass in the endzone and as he gets to the 25 yard line the play is blown dead because the ref says the ball cannot be brought out of the endzone, and reliazes or is told at halftime that he was wrong and appologizes to the coach. No this did not impact the game but this kid was about to take that turnover the length of the field, this would have been the highlight of his high school career.

Ref's complain that coaches do not go to Rules Meetings and aren't up on changes--well where are some of the ref's when the rules meetings are going on ????

And why is there such a big difference in West and Middle TN Referee's? Aren't you all supposed to be singing out of the same book ??? I'm wondering do teams in the Northern part of the state that play to the East in Playoffs see the same differences that we see from ref's from the West ??