PAGE GIRLS

NOMOORE

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss of Lanie Barker has become very apparent. She may not have scored a great deal, but she was a great floor general for the team and put her teammates in position to be successful. Lanie's little sister Libby might end up being a better player than even Lanie was, but she needs to become accustomed to the pace of High School play and settle down.

If this isn't a testimony on how important a good point is to a team, I don't know what would be.

Page lost Kelly Forrest & Rachel Vanderburg as well as Lanie Barker. Filling those shoes has been difficult for Coach Barnwell. Finding the right combination of players has been a struggle to say the least. Hopefully they'll gain some experience with the upcoming holiday tournaments and get some consistency in January. Page has played a tough non-district schedule and lost some games they could have won. While the play of Bagsby & Harmon has been good at times, they are still searching for that third player from the outside that will give them more of a balanced attack. There have been games where various players have stepped up, but a consistent scorer is still needed for them to win more games.

• 2 weeks later...

You were correct, briank. DCA did not have the services of Bodiford in their loss to Page, 37-42. Eventhough Page managed a win, they had 32 turnovers by my count. The following night against Goodpasture, Page lost 58-40 committing 30 turnovers, including 13 in the 4th qtr. Page has to change this disturbing stat. We have got to handle to ball better and make good passes. We are killing ourselves with the excessive turnovers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do?

My suggestion would to be more patient, having over 30 turnovers in two different games seems like the gaurd play is really anxious and too willing to give up the ball, possibly because of lack of game experience and not use to the game speed. They need to not to be in such a panic, I guess- but what do I know? :justwrestle:

Good Luck Page! (Except on Jan. 5th:) )

Thanks PG23, I think you know more than you're giving yourself credit for. It is a panic sort of thing that I see. Also, I think its the combination of players that don't seem to know what the other player is going to do. Maybe it is a speed thing, but some of the players are seniors so you would think experience should be there. I don't know myself, but something has got to change.

Good luck Franklin (Except on Jan 5)

Merry Christmas from The PageMan :justwrestle:

Edited by PageMan

If you have access to a printed version of "The Tennessean", the schedule of the Sonic Holiday Classic is on the next to last page of the sports section in small print. There is also a topic here titled "Page Invitational" with the schedule. Here is Friday's schedule again:

2:00 Page vs Baylor

3:30 Columbia vs Science Hill

5:00 Unicoi Co. vs Meigs Co.

6:30 Oakland vs Cypress Lake, FL

Sunday will be an off day with play resuming Mon. with the winners of Saturday's games playing each other along with the losers against each other. The losers' games start at 2:00.

Tuesday's games will determine a champion, 3rd place, 5th place, & 7th place. This format gives each team three games whether they win or lose.

Tuesday's Start Times:

11:00 7th place game

12:30 5th place game

2:00 3rd place game

3:30 Championship game

Edited by PageMan

I hope I can trust you, fannerj. I see today's game against Baylor as a must-win for the confidence of the Lady Patriots. A win today would assure them of at least a 4th place finish in their tournament. A loss would place them in the loser's bracket where they can finish no better than 5th, if they win both of their remaining games. It's time to get in gear from the outside and get back to winning.