West TN, Single A Rankings

ifiruledtheworld

Here's my updated Top 10 (with my ranking from last week in parenthesis). Let me know what you think.

1. West Carroll (1) - Waiting for schedule to get a little tougher to see how they handle it.

2. JCS (3) - Big win over Adamsville proves they're for real.

3. Halls (10) - They are HOT! If they keep playing like they are, they'll be at the top soon.

4. Greenfield (4) - Big win over Trenton Peabody early in the week, stumbled a bit against a good Milan team.

5. Huntingdon (5) - Just getting started, they beat poor Carroll Academy bad.

6. Trenton Peabody (2) - Lost to Greenfield, but beat Lake Co. last week. They are better than their record shows.

7. Middleton (8) - It would help if you could find a score for Middleton's games anywhere. Their placement is based more on past success and expectations than anything else.

8. South Fulton (10) - They got a big win over Dresden and beat Bradford, but lost to Westview. They are better than people (including me) expected, with a strong scoring combination of Alexander, Hicks, and Wilson.

9. Adamsville (6) - Will anyone step up and help Dominique Shoat?

10. Lake Co. (7) - Had a rough week, but played some really good teams. Being held to only 24 by Dyer Co. is just plain ugly though, no matter how good Dyer Co.'s defense is.

Dropped out: Dresden (10) - Lost to South Fulton and Halls.

Others:

This is pretty much it. After the above 10 teams and Dresden, there seems to be a pretty significant dropoff. Bradford might be atop the second tier of teams, with Middle College (according to others on coacht, I have never seen them play), Bruceton, and TCA.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your picks Here is the way I see it this week.

1) JCS ...(1)

2) West Carroll.. (2)

3) Middleton.. (3)

4) Halls... (9) ......big jump for this team.

5) Huntingdon.. (10)...The football guy are on the team. Gleason and Dresden this week.

6) Greenfield...(7) The win over Trenton helped.

7) Adamsville...(6)

8) South Fulton ( New to my Poll)

9) Trenton...(4)

10) Lake. Co. ( New to my Poll)

Drop out. Dresden Looks like we have the same teams in the top 10 but in different orders.

At Dresden Thursday night. Alot of the younger guys are getting alot of playing time and the starting 5 has only been on the floor for a short amount of time so far. I know they have only played Carroll Aca. and Gleason but you have to play these teams also. The Huntingdon Boys play Obion Co. and Friendship Christian during the x-mas break and should be ready to make a good run during tournment play. Going to West Carroll tonight to watch them paly Greenfield.

Big win for the Huntingdon Girls Monday night over Gleason. Won by 20

Look you are the one who needs to shut up. You are the definition of a fair weather fan. Things go good, you are Greenfield's #1 fan and the second something bad happens, you are the first to point fingers. Since you seem to know how to run the team perferctly, why not ask Coach Trevathan if you can be coach for the rest of the year? And do I know you? Give me a hint.

Edited by jvaughan

ifiruledtheworld, u aint too bad on the rankings. i dont care what everyone else says you do a good job of the west tn rankings. i still beleive halls will jump all the way on your list to # 1 before its over with....

in response to lake co's 24 point performance as u stated earlier it was just plain ugly no matter how good dyer co's defense is... looks like dyer county has been making a lot teams look ugly and have those bad hair days here lately

Thanks choctaw, I appreciate the pat on the back. I try to be pretty objective when I put them together. Its tough to figure some of the teams like Middleton, because no scores are ever posted for them. And as for Halls, you are right, it is quite possible that they will be atop next week's rankings on Monday, 12/22/03.

And you're right about the DC defense, it has been giving teams fits. I just hope they have an off night on January 26th. :D

jvaughan, I'm hoping that balla has deleted his posts. If not, you're crazy man - talking to yourself on a message board? Seriously though, don't sweat it. Any objective fan can see what you are saying. And realize that it makes perfect sense. You going to the Holiday Classic?

Edited by ifiruledtheworld

halls and west carroll use to play each other just like playing greenfield as well.by clicking on scoreboard and picking a game,you can click the underlined team and see there schedule and the scores of all the games posted.halls has a very tough contest friday at the crockett county tournament in alamo.im still surprised halls has played this well including 5-0 against AA competition with two AA teams coming up in the christmas tournament and a tougher start in january as well.this will be a test to see where they really are against some great quality compeition.they also play dyersburg and dyre county two times as well.halls seems to have better balanced scoring from the rest of the group compared to last season with mainly the same team for the exception of last years vincent dewalt.its going to be very tough to see who comes out on top in the region this year and whose playing the best ball and how playing these tough teams will help both greenfield and halls with very tough schedules.

Yeah he deleted his messages so I guess I will to. Thanks for showing some sense unlike other Greenfield "fans". I may try to get down there on Thur. and Fri. night. I don't have anything else to do so I might go. There are some tough teams down there. We open up with La Salle from Lousiana and then depending on what we do we play either Bolton or I can't remember but I am assuming it is CB since it is their tournament. But should be a good test for us in a kind of a state tournament atmosphere because we come in blind not knowing much about our opponent.