Brentwood Academy vs. Cookeville

WesVLT

It was a close low scoring game. Both teams pressed most of the game. John Rader hit a half court shot at the end of the game to pull within two. Wright did not impress me too much. His hands and aggressiveness are questionable but with time he could be something special. Cookeville played zone and BA failed to utilize Wright's height. But congratulation to both teams on a hard fought game.

I thought Dabid Holbert played b-ball for BA but I did not see him at the game. Does anyone know about him and his college plans. To all BA students: Tell David that we need him at the University of Tennessee and can't wait to see him in ORANGE. GO CAVS and GO VOLS!!!

It was a close low scoring game. Both teams pressed most of the game. John Rader hit a half court shot at the end of the game to pull within two. Wright did not impress me too much. His hands and aggressiveness are questionable but with time he could be something special. Cookeville played zone and BA failed to utilize Wright's height. But congratulation to both teams on a hard fought game.

I thought Dabid Holbert played b-ball for BA but I did not see him at the game. Does anyone know about him and his college plans. To all BA students: Tell David that we need him at the University of Tennessee and can't wait to see him in ORANGE. GO CAVS and GO VOLS!!!

Thanks for the summary! A couple questions/comments:

1)Brandon Wright may have had an off game, but his hands are usually quite sure and he plays pretty aggressively. I think he deserves his national ranking.

2)David Holbert decided not to play ball this year and focus on staying healthy for football and making his college decision. It's a loss, but the Eagles have more than enough talent to recover.

3)Do you go to UT? I'm a freshman in Knoxville living in Reese and am having the time of my life.

Thanks again.

1. Wright probally did have an off night but with Cookeville's lack of size he should have been able to take over the game. I guess some credit should go to Cookeville's defense. I was critical on Wright but most people will look at prospects that highly touted critically. He did have 6 or 7 blocks. He is young and if he can gain some weight and muscle he will be a force. I am sure BA has a good strength and conditioning program so this should not be too much of a problem.

2. Holbert's decision not to play is probally the best decision for him.

3. No i don't go to UT. I am from Cookeville and a freshman at Tennessee Tech. But I am a very big Tennessee fan and would love to see Holbert at UT. Whats up with all the BA boys at Auburn? Glad to here your having a blast at UT.

And a guestion for you? Are you invlovled with the Sports Management program at UT, I saw were you were interested in broadcasting.

1)I agree that when Brandon develops more muscle he'll be unstoppable. It should be tons of fun to see how far he goes.

2)Yeah, Holbert made the right choice...I hope he comes up here next year!

3)Gosh, I tried to persuade the Auburn crew to come to UT, but they wouldn't listen! In addition to the 6 football players down there from BA, 15 people out of my graduating class of 90 enrolled there this fall. I don't know what they see in it, but oh well!

I'm not in the Sport Management program, though it is one of the top 2 of its kind in the nation. I think I'm going to double-major in Electronic Media and Business with a minor in Political Science. I may also take classes for an extra summer and load up on Journalism courses, because I love to write. It's been my dream to be the Voice of the Vols since I was five, and I'm currently interning with him. UT's a great place.

Send me an email if you wish: wboling@utk.edu.

This was a very UGLY win. I would have to admit that anyone who saw B. Wright play this one game only would not have been too impressed...nor would they be impressed with the BA team as a whole. Part of the problem was Cookeville's ability to stay in a tightly packed zone due to BA's awful shooting last night.

Not taking anything at all away from Cookeville's play, because they played hard and well, but this was the Eagles' worst performance of the season. They did have about a six minute burst coming out of halftime where they played hard and built a 12 point lead, but that was it. Very uncharacteristic in terms of turnovers, lackadaisical rebounding and defense, very poor shooting percentage...you name it. If they play this way against Stratford Saturday, they will lose by a lot.

Chalk it up to maybe one too many 4 hour round trip bus rides or something.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season. I'm sure Cookeville built some confidence with a strong performance against a good team, and I hope this was a wake-up call for BA.

Edited by itzme