Columbia 45, Page 44

PageMan

Columbia....13....3....14...15.....45

Page...........12...12....8....12.....44

Columbia 45 - Nancy Moore 15, DeAndrea Bullock 10, Jessica Pillow 10, Alex Ross 6, Dee Dooley 2, Jamie Smith 2

Page 44 - Nicole Bagsby 17, Alison Harmon 16, Rebecca Reed 7, Amber Ford 4

Three Point Goals:

Columbia 3 (Moore 2, Ross)

Page 2 (Bagsby, Reed)

Team Free Throws:

Columbia 6 of 14 (42.9%)

Page 12 of 18 (66.7%)

Team Fouls: Columbia 15, Page 11

Team Turnovers: Columbia 13, Page 18

Columbia's Jessica Pillow hit 2 Free Throws with 00.3 secs. left to win the game.

Needless to say, but I am extremely disappointed with the way the game ended. Page made some costly turnovers down the stretch & also missed some FT's that could have given us a cushion in the end. The foul called at the end was somewhat questionable in my opinion, but Columbia's Pillow hit the FT's under pressure to win the game.

Page has got to get some more outside scoring. You can't depend on your outside game to win - someone, anyone, has to put up some shots to open up the defense and even if the shots miss, our inside players can rebound & score. The back court turnovers are killing us and something has to give here. I'm about at my wits end.

Former Page players Kelly Forrest & Rachel Vanderburg were in attendance at tonight's game. Maybe we should have dressed them at half time.

Edited by PageMan

i knew central girls could do it all along. they just have to believe in themselves. way to go jess. whoever said ross had to score at least 10 for them to win needs to re-think because it looks like to me that if nancy doesnt score at least 10 then they are in trouble. way to go nancy. i believe the girls will go a lot farther than the first round in tournaments. just wait and see. only if we would have had a coach while i was there. we could have done something too. good job ladies. keep up the hard work. rachel you are doing a GREAT job. so are you mrs. grooms. i love all yall. see yall at the games.

Page man, I think you may be thinking about not depending on the inside scoring, it seems to me that the Page team has an "I" in it, especially if you listen to the obnoxious mother of Nicole. The way she down the players on Page team, it's a wonder if they play well at all. She is constantly screaming at the players to give the ball to Nicole then if they don't she has nothing nice to say about them.

I heard some parents trying to explained it to her last night that the difference in Columbia and Page was that Columbia had 5 players on the floor, whereas in her mind Page only had 1.

Well, april1stdeadline, I'll leave to Nicole's mom to defend herself, if she wants too. She reads this board and I'm sure she'll take your comments with a grain of salt. As all parents do, she supports the play of her daughter and sometimes goes over the edge. She is a vocal person who is not afraid to voice her opinions during a game. Whether she is obnoxious, I guess that's your opinion. I find her actions & comments stimulating to the game. You are correct however in that Page should not rely on one or two players to do all the scoring and others must step up if Page wants to win. It will be interesting to see what Nicole's mom will have to say about your post when I see her at today's game. I dare you to come up to her and call her obnoxious. I bet she could beat your butt.

Well let me say this, she is not obnoxious. She was probably just tired of everyone making comments about her daughter during the game. Page is not a one man team and her mother doesnt think that. She was saying far as she saw it Nicole is a all around good player not just a scorer. They had 3 and sometimes 4 people on her. But then again if Page wants to stay in a game Nicole does need to get the ball all she can. There are others that can step up to. Allison had a great game. And yes Pageman she is taking this remark with a grain of salt. You should have heard their fans. But anyway Columbia girls played a great game. They have some good ball players.

She probably never intended to scare anyone. But from what I seen all the Columbia fans around were running their mouth. And yes she will open her mouth and want just sit and listen to others running theirs. Anyway, If ya'll think Page was not a one man team why was 3 & 4 players on Nicole. I no, because she is a great player.

Duh! It is obvious Columbia came to play and it is called DEFENSE! Maybe Page should have played a little and the outcome would have been different. And I recalled, I think she started all the talking first and then Columbia jumped on the bandwagon and when it is all done and said, it really doesn't matter the scoreboard showed the real deal.