Is bowling a sport?

SofaKing

All right, first off if you work hard and you run a 100, I don't care how hard you work you're not going to win if you have no god given speed. Speed cannot be taught or enhanced, you either have it or you don't. Once you grow into yourself you either get speed or you are average. You cannot train someone to run a 4.3 forty its just not possible. You may be able to take a guy that runs close to a 4.3 and make him work hard and he will run a bit faster, but narrowing it down doesn't make him really that much faster. Now I know that distance is hard, and you have to work your butt off, but some people just don't have the right tools to win. For example, I saw a guy running the two miles that was pidgeon toed like crazy, he had no natural speed due to his feet, he worked harder than everyone else and was never as winded as some of the others, but he just wasn't fast enough to win. My older brother plays baseball and he is constantly running and conditioning for baseball. He can condition for 5 months and I can sit on my butt and eat potato chips for five months. Well after the 5 months is up I would still beat him soundly at running a mile. He has a bit of trouble breathing and I am naturally faster than he is. Its all about having the right tools, then you can work hard to enhance the tools.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic