Is bowling a sport?

SofaKing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Maryville look how is running God given. God gave you more endurance than someone else....uh no moron....you have to train at running. I know this because I am a runner....not for my school or anything I run marathons. Also a 92 year old man just ran a 5:40:04 marathon on Sept. 28...that would also be the same day that a 72 year old man ran a 2:59:10...thats faster than me and hes 72...so you can run when your older and I bet that hes faster than you. I mean you have to train at running even in the 400....one way to improve your scores would be sprinting long distances...if you could run a 3 hr marathon then i'm sure you could run a 400 in less than 53. Also you have to do breathing excerises and then to keep your stride and all of that stuff. Same with bowling you have to train. I mean I guarantee you couldn't go pick up a 7-10 split...but i can....not because i have the God given ability its because I have trained and practiced at it. I mean i can't hit a 7-10 everytime but i can most of the time....just like i can't hit a 3 pointer everytime but i'm 67% from behind the arc which is really good. I have practiced just like i do at everything i try including bowling...it takes training....and with running it does too. It also takes mental ability...i mean anybody can go run a 400...can they run it as fast as you....probably not....but they can run it....just like anybody can go bowling. You have no point at all you are being stupid. Bowling is a sport and it isn't....you can play for fun...or for competition. I mean there is no real definition for sport and you can't define it. You know that bowling is a sport and you are just trying to argue...and its not working because it is...and your wrong...don't ever become a lawyer. Now does anyone else want to argue whether bowling is a sport or not because i will argue.

All right, first off, ur butt should stop insulting me, second..."Bowling is a sport and it isn't" This phrase makes no sense whatsoever! Something cannot be half one thing and half another. Its like saying that if I go play backyard football its not a sport. Well it is, because we are mimicking a sport, it has the same rules and principles its just not quite as set up. If you bowl for fun or "sport" its just a hobby, you might have it be a competitive hobby, but ya know, lots of things could be considered that. Like any card game...if u want to call that a sport, fine but while we're at it lets go ahead and call band a sport, juggling a sport, chess club a sport, spelling bee a sport.

Now, about the running...no everyone cannot run a 400. A 400 is one of the most grueling races. In fact, I've seen sprinters and distance runners run it and ya know what...both say its grueling. If u know about sprinting u will know that a 53 is pretty darn good, infact, the fastest in the state was only a 49. When I ran the 53, i was in good condition, I could run 5 miles jogging. If you think a 400 is easy, go run against some top sprinters who run in the low 50's I bet they whip you. To run a 100 or 200 you don't need endurance, it will help some, but its not needed so much. Justin Gatlin, u think he won on pure endurance? No..its speed, all speed and maybe a tad of endurance. Sure you have to work to run track, but u can only work so much. After a while its all god given. I can work my rear off and be able to run further, but I won't win many 200's, I'm just not fast enough. In endurance races at some point it involves speed, u can have good endurance, but if u have a leg problem which is god given, then someone thats worked just as hard as you or even maybe less will beat u because they are more gifted.

Now then, grow up and learn to argue or debate like a respectable person, and not a little kid who has to spit insults at people!

Listen here is a word that none of you are using...Bowling is a skill. It is acquired through practice, lots of it. It takes more concentration than any other sport, besides maybe chess, but chess isn't a sport. And crossover I would love to see you pick up just one 7-10 because I've never seen it done in my 23 yrs. of bowling.

That includes watching the pros on Sunday. And visiting the Earl Anthony open live.

Edited by etsubound1st

Listen here is a word that none of you are using...Bowling is a skill. It is acquired through practice, lots of it. It takes more concentration than any other sport, besides maybe chess, but chess isn't a sport. And crossover I would love to see you pick up just one 7-10 because I've never seen it done in my 23 yrs. of bowling.

That includes watching the pros on Sunday. And visiting the Earl Anthony open live.

UUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM YYEESS!

Go Bears :justwrestle:

i agree with etsu.....and i can pick up a 7-10 any time you wanna come watch give me 3 chaces and i'll get it.....and maryville didn't mean to insult you but not everything is God given....you have to work and if you work hard enough you'll be the best.....remember michael jordan didn't even make his freshman team in high school.

You are right, you do have to work hard, but some things you just can't improve all that much. Also, not making the freshman basketball team, well he was a freshman, a lot of freshman haven't quite grown into their bodies yet and they have little coordination. For example, Drew Houser played 3 years for Maryville, but his 8th grade year the two waterboys played more games than he did, and he was on the team. His ninth grade year he grew up some more and he started getting some muscle mass, etc and he started, he is now playing D1 basketball. Sometimes its a matter of growth. Now sure, in order to be the best you have to work hard, but look at the movie Rudy. Now Rudy had heart and he worked his tail off, but it wasn't quite enough. He had no god given talent. He didn't have the god give size, or the speed. He got to play some, and he showed he had heart and he was rewarded, but he is no where near being the best. When everyone works hard the only thing that seperates the best from the untouchables is god given talent. Lee Humphrey is another example, he played basketball at Maryville, he now plays at Florida. Lee will give u 100 percent, no matter what, and throughout high school he was a star. A four year starter and the points record holder at Maryville. He was a gym rat all his life making sure he was the best, but when colleges were looking at him he had flaws that weren't fixable, such as, "The kids too slow." He worked hard on his dribbling and he was on of the better dribblers that I've ever seen, but still it wasn't good enough!? He's a great basketball player, but there are some god given things that set him just a hair below some of the others. Thats what I meant by my previous post. That hard work, sometimes, will only get you so far, even if that distance is a great one.