WHAT ABOUT UNAKA AND CLOUDLAND?

Scoutman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes I definetely haft to agree with you about Smith, and with Rob he is lazy but he has made Robby run and he is trying to do the best that he can in his situation. He really likes all the seniors on the team and he is just trying to save there season. And with Craig he used to be a big smartelek but he has calmed down alot from last year, but he still has a bad temper and he gets benched alot for it but it is just because of his will to win so bad. People shouldnt get on here and bash Ned so much if they dont really know exactly what they are talking about. But mark my words Cloudland will be a completely different team starting Monday. And for saying that they should remove Ned's assitant coach is a joke. He is won of the best coaches Cloudland has had. He has turned Cloudland's jv into a force to be reckoned with after they had a losing season last year.

The thing that will hurt Cloudland is Cloudland. Coach Smith must take control now or all will be lost. Dedication must be required, and we don't have that this year.
Cloudland is at a volitaile point. In the next few weeks their true colors will be displayed. They can either respond or accept mediocrity.

These quotes can go to both of Cloudland's basketball teams. There is no doubt that both Smith and Birchfield have lost their teams. With rumors about Birchfield already in the air, it may not be long until Smith's future is in doubt. I like both Smith and Birchfield, but it is becoming obvious that their players dont respect them. The next few weeks will be cruical in Cloudland athletics. Both have done great jobs, dont get me wrong, but a coach has to be in control at all times and it seems like the players are in control more then the coaches. It will be interesting to watch the next few weeks.

Edited by landergolfer

Yeah King, I agree with you not!!! I don't remember you playing basketball so I don't think you know what you are talking about. Cloudland would be making a huge mistake by getting rid of any of their coaches at CHS. I remember when Cloudland didn't have a chance of beating the Unakas, Hamptons and others. Coach Smith has changed that. He along with Birchfield are two of the best young coaches out there. My big question is who do you think would do better?

Randy Birchfield. He is the one that built the program to start with. When he stepted down he left Ned with a full house, from the freshmen class to the junior class, he had the foundation laid for a solid program for years to come. How did he do this? DICIPLINE! It takes a lot of work and time to build a program but it don't take long to tear one apart. I don't think Tolly or Cooke would be part of a Randy Birchfield coached team. I know they wouldn't last a week with Luncford. Please give credit where credit is due Randy built these teams.