McEachern Duals

BuckLateral

Here is a post by Matfan from the TWF site that I have not seen on this message board yet-------if it has, then I just missed it and apologize for the dual posting:

........................................................................................................................

Baylor won the McEachern Duals on Saturday, January 3rd at McEachern High School in Atlanta, Georgia. Baylor went 5-0 on the day beating Lassiter, GA 48-24, Woodland, GA 43-24, and Mt. Tabor, NC 72-6 all in their pool. This set up a semi-final match with Soddy Daisy, which Baylor won 40-24. Baylor then went on to defeat host McEachern 44-16 in the finals.

Jordan Leen of Baylor got his re-match with John Lane of Soddy and won 5-2. Leen controlled the entire match scoring first and only giving up 1 escape point and 1 penalty point.

.......................................................................................................................

Wow. That is apretty impressive, almost scary, performance by the Red Raiders. Most of the talk I have seen about DII this year has been centered around Ryan and McCallie, but after Baylor's showing at the McCallie Invitational followed by winning this tournament, I think you have to start throwing Baylor's name around in there too as apossible favorite. They must have a pretty solid line-up through out to post these kind of numbers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this make Leen and Lane 1-1 this year? Do they have any more tournaments where they could meet for the so-called "rubber match" before the season ends?

Edited by BuckLateral

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BuckLateral,

Unfortunately, there will be no Leen vs Lane rematch. Baylor and Soddy are not going to be at any more of the same tournaments. Leen and Lane will have to be content at being 1-1.

Baylor will be competing at Greeneville this weekend, along with McCallie. This should provide some very interesting matchups. This is the first time that McCallie has participated in this tournament.

Here is a post by Matfan from the TWF site  that I have  not seen on this message board yet-------if it has, then I just missed it and apologize for the dual posting:

........................................................................................................................

Baylor won the McEachern Duals on Saturday, January 3rd at McEachern High School in Atlanta, Georgia. Baylor went 5-0 on the day beating Lassiter, GA 48-24, Woodland, GA 43-24, and Mt. Tabor, NC 72-6 all in their pool. This set up a semi-final match with Soddy Daisy, which Baylor won 40-24. Baylor then went on to defeat host McEachern 44-16 in the finals.

Jordan Leen of Baylor got his re-match with John Lane of Soddy and won 5-2. Leen controlled the entire match scoring first and only giving up 1 escape point and 1 penalty point.

.......................................................................................................................

Wow. That is apretty impressive, almost scary, performance by the Red Raiders.  Most of the talk I have seen about DII this year has been centered around Ryan and McCallie, but after Baylor's showing at the McCallie Invitational followed by winning this tournament, I think you have to start throwing Baylor's name around in there too as apossible favorite. They must have a pretty solid line-up through out to post these kind of numbers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this make Leen and Lane 1-1 this year?  Do they have any more tournaments where they could meet for the so-called "rubber match" before the season ends?

This Leen kis is a stud!! Congrats to Jim, especially if these kids are his own born and bred wrestlers!! Jim can make it happen and has with the best for many years, like Randy and Turner @ UTC. He may have the strongest team in Tennessee this year, but I don't see any difinitive answers coming unless a couple of schedules suddenly change.

This would go against legman's past decisions, but what a last hurrah going out for Steve? And would Jim even want that challenge?

BIG QUESTIONS... ANY ANSWERS?

Good luck to Jim in this big surprise of 2003-04 season, SO FAR.

Sommers/Blosser

Edited by Sommers

This is probably not final but what appears to be the current line up.

103- Doster

112- Manson

119- Geismar

125- Carson

130- Manson

135- Leen

140- Waddell

145- Doster

152- Moore

160- Spitalny

171- Vaughan

189- Walker

215- Still

275- Huffstetler

Is this Waddell kid Joe's (from Cleveand HS and UTC in the 70's). If so Hey Joe!! Congrats!!

Dave Sommers

Edited by Sommers